Samsung Galaxy S3 (Folder Opened, Folder Closed)

deadman_uk

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone. I've created several folders on my desktop but when I open and close the folders, the phones text to speech voice speaks out "folder opened" and "folder closed".

Why is it doing this? I have checked over the settings many times, but do not know why it does this. I do NOT have lightflow installed.

Thanks

Quick Google found this and this.

Thanks but if I could find my answer via a quick Google Search, I wouldn't be asking on here lol. First link suggests I mute my volume which is not acceptable. The second link says it can be caused by lightflow, which isn't possible as I don't have lightflow installed on my phone.

Last edited:
check your accessibility options, sounds like your voice confirmation options are on. I'm not running the stock rom, using AOSP/CM, so i cant walk you through it.

check your accessibility options, sounds like your voice confirmation options are on. I'm not running the stock rom, using AOSP/CM, so i cant walk you through it.

I already looked in this menu, it was the first thing I did. Any other ideas?

I fixed it with these instructions:

- Go into your phone settings -> accessibility
- Turn talkback on, select "settings" from the bottom of the page
- Switch off all the talkback checkboxes
- Then switch talkback off again

IF THE ABOVE DON'T WORK, ALSO PERFORM THE BELOW:

- Go back into phone settings -> application manager
- Choose the "all" tab - Find google text to speech (tts), click on it and click "disable"
- Find samsung test to speech, click on disable

For me, just the first set of instructions worked fine!

Back