samsung galaxy s2 vs i phone 4s?

techguy102

n00b
so i currently have a iphone 4s. my friend is giving me his galaxy s2. so whats better the phone i have now or the s2? i only like the s2 cause of the screen size. But i love the i phone for everything. im thinking about upgrading to the i phone 5,5c or 5s. But i have no contract with at&t. where can i get it cheap? im thinking about taking my 4s to metropcs/tmobile. let me know thanks!

To begin, there's no place to get a cheap iPhone 5S, 5C or 5. I just moved to T-Mobile for a 5S after my Verizon contract expired, last month. I sold my 5 on eBay for $525, so that gives you an idea of what you'll pay for a used one. I like TM's no-contract plans and their LTE network is strong everywhere I travel, so I'm pretty happy with them, so far.

The S2 was a great phone, except for its screen resolution. I tried it for a while, and liked it, but am firmly in the iPhone camp. Your 4S would do well on TM's network. Their unlimited talk, text, data plan would cost $70/month for the 4S.

Take the Galaxy S2. Swap SIM and use both and keep the one you like. Personally, the S2 has a bigger screen, higher resolution, AMOLED pure black for better movie watching experience and double the DRAM. If it's the international i9100 you can put Cyanogenmod Jelly Bean and eventually Kit Kat on it FTW.

im staying with my 4s right now ill get a 5 soon possibly to work on tmobille/metropcs thanks!

iPhone 4s does not have AWS band to my knowledge, only PCS. If you're not in a refarmed area (IIRC major markets only) you might end up having to use that S2 (assuming it's from TMo themselves) until you can find an iPhone 5/c/s model.

Back