Samsung EVO 250GB - $140 shipped, no tax

techboydino

Weaksauce
Ebay daily deals has the 250GB EVO today for $139.99 free shipping and no tax. This is about $30 cheaper than Newegg, and about $20 cheaper than Amazon.

Samsung EVO 250

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice! Got it at the same price thru the Adorama Camera deal a while back. Best price going for this amazing SSD.

It's still up.

This is a FANTASTIC deal for someone looking to get their first SSD. Great size for OS + Apps at a great price.

Ebay daily deals has the 250GB EVO today for $139.99 free shipping and no tax. This is about $30 cheaper than Newegg, and about $20 cheaper than Amazon.

Samsung EVO 250

Don't know where you got the "no tax" on this deal.
Here's what the seller states, "Seller collects sales tax for items shipped to the following states:"

California (CA)* 7.750 %
Connecticut (CT)* 6.000 %
Illinois (IL)* 6.250 %
Massachusetts (MA)* 6.250 %
Minnesota (MN)* 7.780 %
Missouri (MO)* 9.490 %
New York (NY)* 8.750 %
Tennessee (TN)* 9.250 %
Washington (WA)* 6.750 %

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Figures, a good SSD deal I could actually use and it requires PayPal + Verification.
Maybe Amazon will price match.

Through buy.com. I have not bought from them in many years.
It's ended, 1,000 sold, wow that was quick.

Good deal. Just note that the Evo doesn't have power failure protection or encryption as far as I know. The encryption is unlikely to be used by most but if you live in an area with shotty power the power failure protection is nice to have.

Last edited:
Good deal. Just note that the Evo doesn't have power failure protection or encryption as far as I know. The latter is unlikely to be used by most but if you live in an area with shotty power and aren't using a laptop it's nice to have imo.

I think only the Crucial M500 has the capacitors for power failure protection.. not really a common feature in SSDs. Really nice feature, but If you have iffy power, you really should be on a UPS or something.

Samsung 840 Evo has AES 256 hardware-based encryption, and Opal/Bitlocker support was just added a few weeks ago in a firmware update.

Samsung 840 Evo has AES 256 hardware-based encryption, and Opal/Bitlocker support was just added a few weeks ago in a firmware update.

Thanks for the heads up. M500 went on sale recently for me and the power failure protection was a definite selling point for me. Price made it on par or better than the evo. Plus I'm always going to take MLC over TLC regardless of what the studies on TLC say.

Dang I can't believe I missed that deal, I've been waiting to get one for a couple months now & of course when I'm ready I miss it by a day or two. My luck lol. I'm sure the prices will start to hit around there on a regular basis soon if we are starting to see them now.

But when do you think this deal will come back up, in a few weeks or less than a week? I'd imagine the big ups are seeing the sales at the price and wanting to really keep it there to move a TON of units.

Dang I can't believe I missed that deal, I've been waiting to get one for a couple months now & of course when I'm ready I miss it by a day or two. My luck lol. I'm sure the prices will start to hit around there on a regular basis soon if we are starting to see them now.

But when do you think this deal will come back up, in a few weeks or less than a week? I'd imagine the big ups are seeing the sales at the price and wanting to really keep it there to move a TON of units.

Same here.. I bought a OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 128GB about a year ago for like $300 and its barely hanging in there im always at like 5-8GB left... I need something bigger got to wait for the next SSD deal to come around.

Thanks for the heads up. M500 went on sale recently for me and the power failure protection was a definite selling point for me. Price made it on par or better than the evo. Plus I'm always going to take MLC over TLC regardless of what the studies on TLC say.
+1. m500 (and even sandisk ultra plus) > Samsung EVO.

Good deal. Just note that the Evo doesn't have power failure protection or encryption as far as I know. The encryption is unlikely to be used by most but if you live in an area with shotty power the power failure protection is nice to have.
There are still people that don't use a UPS? Shennanigans!

Back