Samsung...Dell...NEC....OH MY!

smokin9

Limp Gawd
Man, I was planning on getting a new 22+ lcd this christmas so I started looking around. So much information out there my head hurts at looking at everything and trying to figure out which is best for me.

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-l1932tq-lcd-display/4505-3174_7-31951003.html

Is what I've had for about 2 years now. I do a lot of gaming on my PC so thats probably the most important thing is to have a good monitor that would be able to handle games well.

I thought i had it all figured out when I saw the Samsung XL2370, but it's no where to be found.

Please someone help me with a few good suggestions. Possibly not over $300.

Thanks!!

Step one, don't believe CNET reviews. Step two, prepare to be blinded by people saying you need to spend lots on an IPS or PVA monitor cause everything else is shit. Step three...ok enough of that :p

I personally really like Samsung for TN monitors (ones with genuine samsung panels). Always have looked very good for TN. I also really like the HP models I have seen. Lots recommend the Acers for cheap decent monitors around here as well, though I have never seen any of the recommended models in action.

IMO the only decent 22" monitor is the Dell 2209WA, especially when you take price into account.

IMO the only decent 22" monitor is the Dell 2209WA, especially when you take price into account.

The problem is that it has a low resolution compared to others. I strongly considered it, and would have gotten it if it were not for the 1680x1050 res. It is great though if you are happy with that.

I got a Samsung 2333SW this summer from Dell for $162 shipped. The only issue I've had with it is that there's noticeable darkening if I look at it from a lower angle. I tend to lean back in my chair, which has me looking up at it, rather than straight on. While leaning back, games would be very dark. Sitting up would make everything perfectly visible. It was easy to fix by simply aiming it down a bit, but it makes me a little unhappy that such a minor viewing angle change caused such a major change in visibility. Otherwise it's been a great TN monitor.

If you're big into fast gaming, there are a couple 120Hz 24" 1080p monitors coming out in the next month or so. Currently the only 120Hz monitors are 1680x1050 22" models.

The XL2370 does look pretty sweet. Best Buy seems to have it in stock.

There is always new LED monitors... Benq 2200 Eco and Benq 2400 Eco $209/$349...

I'm looking for a new LCD too, only to watch movies. Myself I cannot make up my mind as there is too many models to chose from !!! I currently own Nec 20WMGX2 (IPS panel)and currently NEC sells its refurbs and it costs only $139 ;)... Probably is too small for your needs...

Regardless take a look at Benq monitors, as they are getting good opinion on these forums... ;)

A good review site is prad.de

Good Luck

XL2370 at bestbuy

For a tn monitor the xl2370 is the best. If you are happy with a 1680x1050 22" then the dell 2209wa is great and if you get a sale can be had for just over 200.

Otherwise the Nec EA231WMi is a great IPS 1080p monitor that can also be had under 300.

XL2370 at bestbuy

For a tn monitor the xl2370 is the best. If you are happy with a 1680x1050 22" then the dell 2209wa is great and if you get a sale can be had for just over 200.

Otherwise the Nec EA231WMi is a great IPS 1080p monitor that can also be had under 300.

+1 for NEC EA231WMi (if money is not an issue)

IMHO if my Nec 20WMGX2 would die on me today, I would most likely buy EA231WMi. I don't think there is a way I could go back to TN screen. I still love my IPS lcd, and after 2+ years it is still going strong.... ;)

Xl2370's stand looks terribly nonadjustable. And I believe it also cannot be VESA mounted. Otherwise it's probably a good panel, but I'm picky about my stands.

The NEC EA231wmi's stand is just awesome and features built in cable management. IPS may not be as fast as TN, but it is prettier and has better viewing angles. =)

You can buy the xl2370 on Best Buys website which is what I'll be doing later today.

I got a Samsung 2333SW this summer from Dell for $162 shipped. The only issue I've had with it is that there's noticeable darkening if I look at it from a lower angle. I tend to lean back in my chair, which has me looking up at it, rather than straight on. While leaning back, games would be very dark. Sitting up would make everything perfectly visible. It was easy to fix by simply aiming it down a bit, but it makes me a little unhappy that such a minor viewing angle change caused such a major change in visibility. Otherwise it's been a great TN monitor.

If you're big into fast gaming, there are a couple 120Hz 24" 1080p monitors coming out in the next month or so. Currently the only 120Hz monitors are 1680x1050 22" models.

The XL2370 does look pretty sweet. Best Buy seems to have it in stock.

Nice looks like Besy Buy must have just received a shipment of these in, they were out of stock just a few days ago.

I do see the price is higher then when I looked the first time though. They had a price of around $270 i believe now its $299.

Why not Benq 2200 Eco? Benq US has a special at $209 shipped to your door. Is xl2370 much better and worth spending $90+shipping? Beside 1" what is the difference?

Why not Benq 2200 Eco? Benq US has a special at $209 shipped to your door. Is xl2370 much better and worth spending $90+shipping? Beside 1" what is the difference?

That's a nice looking monitor for $209. Is it comparable to the lx2370? I don't mind the 1" difference as long as it looks good and games run well on it.

That's a nice looking monitor for $209. Is it comparable to the lx2370? I don't mind the 1" difference as long as it looks good and games run well on it.

I couldn't find any reviews for it, so it is hard to say :rolleyes:

Myself today I'm pulling the trigger on tiny Asus VH198T LED 1440x900... I wanted something to watch TV shows/movies (from my HTPC) while running on the treadmill. I will try to write mini review once I get setup..... ;)

ordered my xl2370 will make a nice xmas present I've been using a crt for a year and a half after selling my old lcd that I wasn't very happy with so can't wait.

You can buy the xl2370 on Best Buys website which is what I'll be doing later today.

I went into our best buy the other day thinking I could gawk at some of the monitors, but I can't believe the selection that is actually in the store. I think there may have only been 15 monitors, and none of them looked very good.

Back