Samsung 940BW and 941BW - What's the difference?

SLiGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
So I'm going to buy a new monitor soon, and I came across these two. I'm wondering if there are any differences between the two? Specs-wise, they seem exactly the same, but the model number is different, which confuses me.

The 940BW is going for $190 after MIR at Fry's, and the 941BW is going for $180 after MIR, shipped, at Newegg. I am thinking of just going to get the 941BW since it's only a $10 difference, and the sooner I get a monitor, the better. However, if there's a difference between them that I should know about, that would be helpful to know.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I purchased both an Acer 22" LCD and a Samsung 941BW 19" LCD. While I like the styling and some of the features on the 941bw better than I do the Acer, I think the video playback is much better on the Acer than the Samsung - mainly the black/dark areas of the video being better represented on the Acer. I'm pretty sure this is due to the contrast ratio of the Acer being 800:1 and the Samsung is only 500:1. Basically, video playback looks washed out on the Samsung with the black/dark areas being somewhat reddish/purplish and over saturated, yet everything else besides video playback looks wonderful on the Samsung. Video playback on the Acer looks great...black/dark areas are well represented. Maybe I'm just being too picky and I doubt it's a driver issue. Anyone else experience this?

Also, I have a Radeon 8500 and am able to run each monitor at their native resolutions; I've also tried tweaking the contrast and other settings but no luck - the Acer still looks better. I kind of preferred the Samsung because of it's smaller size and it just seems to be a better built monitor (also has less backlight bleed), but I do a lot of video work so I think that's more important to me and I can live with the backlight bleed of the Acer. Just curious if there's something I'm missing here. Thanks!

Back