• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung 940b, or Viewsonic 930b...?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
Which of those two monitors should I pick, I'd assume the samsung wouldn't have the backlight/deadpixel problem the viewsonic. What about the blacks, also the viewsonic's contrast ration isn't exactly 1000:1, it's really about 700ish:1. What do you guys think I should get?
 
i just got my 940B yesterday and love it so far. No dead pixels, very high quality.
 
Budwise.

Do you see any blur on your LCD. I play Q3 online and see blur with my Dell when moving around left to right fast (as you do in Q3). I nearly went for the Samsung and am now just trying to justify keeping this Widescreen of mine. BF2 doesnt do the same thing due to its slower pace.

Do you game with your Samsung at all and see any blur in fast action shooters?

THX
 
so far i have no ghosting at all whatsoever. I am planning to use it a few days and then post a short review here soon...
 
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can see I dont have any ghosting on my Dell but I DO have motion blur. As I said I could only see this easily when playing a fast paced shooter such as Quake 3.
BF2 looks fine in normal use due to the difference in speed. Do you run Q3 at all? You may or may not see what I mean if you do. If you dont run Q3 or maybe UT then you might not see it as I do.

Thanks
 
ChrisUK said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can see I dont have any ghosting on my Dell but I DO have motion blur. As I said I could only see this easily when playing a fast paced shooter such as Quake 3.
BF2 looks fine in normal use due to the difference in speed. Do you run Q3 at all? You may or may not see what I mean if you do. If you dont run Q3 or maybe UT then you might not see it as I do.

Thanks

Dude motion blur = ghosting, so what are you talking about?
 
I guess they are the same at the end of the day.

My take on Ghosting and Blur (probably totally wrong!)

Motion blur is just a large amount of ghosting. With ghosting I am expecting to be able to see a ghost image of an object on screen. With motion blur these images and colours are just non distinguishable at all.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=775081&page=1&pp=20
 
Back
Top