Samsung 850 EVO Model Number Confusion (MZ-75E500E vs MZ-75E500B/AM)

Retsam

2[H]4U
Maybe someone experienced can help here.

I am looking to purchase a SSD and this is driving me crazy. I cant seem to find the answer. Ive been shopping around.

What the f*ck is the difference between MZ-75E500B/AM and MZ-75E500E? Are they different? Which is the better one?

Thanks.

I think they are the same, just intended for a different market. my 250Gb EVO ends on B/EU and I'm in Europe, AM might be America google does not give much but someone on tomshardware seems to think similarly.

I think they are the same, just intended for a different market. my 250Gb EVO ends on B/EU and I'm in Europe, AM might be America google does not give much but someone on tomshardware seems to think similarly.

Yeah I know that the /AM /EU designation, and one has lesser warranty than the other. That is not what I am saying though. I mean, perhaps thats what it is going on and the websites just have it weird, but one of the model numbers is MZ-75E500E and then others are MZ-75E500B.

Mystery solved:

The MZ-75E500E is the "Bulk" version of the drive without a software CD, intended for large OEM system builders but also available wholesale, while the MZ-75E500B/AM is the "Boxed" version of the drive with the CD, intended for retail sale in North America (US/Canada).

Mystery solved:

The MZ-75E500E is the "Bulk" version of the drive without a software CD, intended for large OEM system builders but also available wholesale, while the MZ-75E500B/AM is the "Boxed" version of the drive with the CD, intended for retail sale in North America (US/Canada).

Ahhh ok. So I wonder if the "bulk" version then carries no warranty. Ive heard that it probably does not. Ok then. Thank you so much. Nobody on the internet seems to have the answer in searching. Its weird some stores carry both model numbers so I was trying to figure out what was going on. Thanks!

Back