Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - $99.99 @ Amazon

shit on my dick, I'm loving these new prices! I've never before wished I had more systems than I do now lol.

Wasn't quite sure, I thought it was throughout the EVO brand, I only heard it in passing.. I might jump on this deal though.

Wasn't quite sure, I thought it was throughout the EVO brand, I only heard it in passing.. I might jump on this deal though.

I suppose it was at the time, because there was only an 840 EVO model when it occurred. The 840 EVO received a firmware update to remedy the issue and there have been no reports of problems with the 850's.

Price has jumped to $116 now. Still not bad, but the $99.99 was a great deal.

$100 was a great deal, they were matching newegg. The price is back up to $120 or the normal current going price.

$99.99 is actually a meh price, it was $79.99 AC/AR from TD last week.

I'd say $99.99 is a pretty darn good no hassle price. Sure, you can go to an arguably lower quality vendor and stack some coupons and rebates.. but $100 for a vendor that has relatively simple returns and such is pretty nice. Depends what your time is worth, I guess.

The 840 EVO received a firmware update to remedy the issue and there have been no reports of problems with the 850's.

Except the 840 EVO firmware didn't remedy the issue for many people - problems continuing even after the update, so its hit and miss. And I'm not sure how meaningful "no reports of problems with the 850" is while it's still early days. It too uses monkeyed NAND like the 840. I'm avoiding EVO's altogether until it's clear that there is no problem.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storag...e-Restoring-Firmware-Only-Partially-Effective

Picked up the 250GB, and 500GB 850 EVO's from newegg today. The prices are $119 and $204 respectively. Hope I don't have this NAND issue you speak of.

Back