Samsung 730B (17" LCD) for $100 at OfficeMax

the one i went to was all out of the 730b, but they went ahead and sold the 731b for the same price, needless to say i'm typing on it now ;)

ty! called my store and its instock. crossing fingers they take the deal and are still in stock when i get off today

Damn, wish we had Officemax here :(. I could really use another LCD...

just the deal i needed to replace or setup my dual LCD display. My current one has some imprints in the screen and gets annoying after awhile.

anyways, any reviews on this monitor?

EDIT: just went to my local office max and was OOS....for the entire district :( :(

yeah reviews all over google. Mines oos but said i could order one. Heading there soon.

again thx OP. i got the last one and got the 731b for the same price. awesome monitor so far.

i might get this to sit next to my 2005fpw. $100 for more real estate is worth it :)

this is good for dual montior setups even if you have a 19" since its so cheap.

I have the Samsung 931B, 19" model and its awesome. The 730 should be almost as good.

Just picked up two 731b's at my local OfficeMax for $99.99 each. They didn't have any of the 730b's but were offering the 731b's instead. I took the last two but they told me they were going to start offering the 19" StarLogics as a substitute too. My mom actually had one up front and was about to pay for it when I found the last 731b mixed up on their shelves. The manager that was there seemed pretty awesome about overriding stuff, so your mileage may vary. Overall a great deal and a great shopping experience on my end.

Joe

The one I went to (pensacola, fl) was out of samsung lcd's and 19" Starlogics...So they substituted a $229 Viewsonic VA721 17" lcd for the samsung. I can say I'm happy with my purchase!

I also picked up the last one 731b. Thx guys for info about this deal.
just wandering, is there a big difference between 730 and 731?

Any good or decent for games? Debating wiether i should get 1 19 inch or try to get 2 17 which might be pretty cool.

I went to three different stores here north of Atlanta. Two were sold out offering no rainchecks or substitutes, the third (most rural of the three)was out of the 17" and 19" substitute but was offering rainchecks for the sale price.

Maybe they'll call.

Went to the one here and they did not have the 730b or 731b on the floor and the starwhatever pos 19" was sold out. Asked and they said they're sold out no substitutes and no rainchecks :( Called another office max and they sold out of everything as well. I wish I saw this before 10pm last night.

I loaded up Half-Life 2 on my 731b last night and it certainly seemed decent enough. With rapid movements I didn't really notice any smearing, just a little clipping because I didn't have v-sync on. Overall it is an amazing deal because normally $100 lcd's are crappy companies and they have MIR's... this is a superb monitor for a c-note out the door. It's too bad that it seems not all OM managers are as willing to override substitutes as mine was. Just remember, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Heh, the advantage to working at OMX, you get to see these sweet deals before they happen. I got a new job and the place needed some new monitors, so I went to my local OMX store (where I used to work) and picked up six of the 731b's. It's great when you have the ins with the people that work there.

the 731b has a higher resolution than the 730.
i don't know why they were selling it for the same price.

filthysanchez said:
the 731b has a higher resolution than the 730.
i don't know why they were selling it for the same price.
Actually, the two monitors have the exact same specs, the 730B is just the older discontinued version. As far as I can tell from their site, the panels are identical.

I can't find any info so maybe you guys can help. Is it possible to use this monitor in Europe with 220v/230 power input?

I'm in the market for a new moniter. I was thinking of a 19 or 20 inch but I might just get 2 of these instead.

Hiltonizer said:
holy hopping hotness.

painful that i spent $440 on my 17" samsung 3 years ago :(

Thats it!?!

Like 4 years ago I spent $650 on a 17inch Samsung with DVI, Syncmaster 172t. It was pretty much top of the line at the time, with 25ms response. In fact, my mom still uses the monitor. It was actually a VERY nice monitor. Plus the whole thing inclusind the stand folded down flat, it also came with a wall mount.

The mods/OP need to be more diligent about declaring a "dead thread" when an offer like this is expired.

As long as it doesn't get locked out, I agree with you...but many people come back to these and report if they ended up with faulty equipment, poor service, or whether they got their rebates back. Sometimes people ask if others have received them yet, so leaving it open actually provides a service to others even after the deal dies.

They gave me a raincheck, and are supposed to call me when they get another shipment in. :(

gamejunkie said:
They gave me a raincheck, and are supposed to call me when they get another shipment in. :(

Thats cool. Wish I hadn't missed this. Would have picked one up. O well.

i got no raincheck offered here in Mass., but i told my brother in florida about, him n his buddys cleared store of inventory (10) or what was left, gonna have him ship, as lcds dont weigh too much, hope rebates come through.

bro got 4, now i gotta decide do i keep my current CRT, and add 1LCD or take 2 off my bros hands,hmm.

for those that got the rainchecks. have yours come in yet. they told me they were due in on oct. 4th. called and nothing yet. and the mgr. doesnt know when they will be in.
i hope i dont miss this deal as the wife needs a lcd she gets headaches with a crt.

i got the raincheck for the 731b

Unknown-One said:
Aww, if only I could find the 930b for so cheap :(

Yeah you and me both. I bought 2 of these when they were at Best Buys for $200

So here'swhat happened after two weeks:

I called OM last Saturday they said they didn't receive any at that time. I called again today and the manager states that OM should have ordered one for my raincheck. Apparently this is an additional step to getting the raincheck. I go to the location where I got the raincheck from and the manager gives me the Aoc (?) 17 in instead. It looks really nice matching my lanboy. No dead/stuck pixels. I won't be using it for gaming so it seemingly will get the job done.

Back