• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung 710T Review? Cheapest?

h41cyon

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
117
Alright, the time has come for me to actually buy one of these suckers. But first, I'm like a hungry vacuum for info on this monitor(Samsung 710T) and I've already checked a whole buncha other boards to find anything i could on it. Theres not enough out there to make me feel good about buying this thing yet. Everyone that has one has raved about it saying that its better than the 172x, thats a good thing.

I am still looking for more reviews of this monitor So if you know someone that has one or you have one yourself or one is coming. Just tell me about it. Where did you order yours from, and how much did you pay? Where can i get one of these for the least amount of money?

VROOOOOOOOOOOM(pathetic vacuum noises..)
 
I got mine from Ebuyer.com for $490 shipped. It's beautiful: I absolutely love it. Works amazingly well, greatly exceeds my expectations. At first I was worried about color quality, because I do some freelance graphic design, but even that is absolutely astounding. You will not notice any ghosting with this monitor (trust me I've played every current fast-paced game and movie, and no dice). Two things you will undoubtedly notice are the ability to rotate and the much lower price compared to the 172x.
 
I just got one at work..the panel is awesome..very bright, great color contrast, excellent for gaming..

My gripes are that its butt ugly..the stand is horrible and its analog only..

But for $430 its a great monitor for the price...i
 
The 710T is both analog and digital, so GameGuru must have got the 710N. I also have the 710T and it is great. I got mine for $448 from Dell because I had a coupon to use. The best place to buy it in my opinion is Upgrade Source if they still have their no hassle return policy for dead pixels (you may want to call and ask). I also like mine but I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet.
 
jskagg said:
The 710T is both analog and digital, so GameGuru must have got the 710N. I also have the 710T and it is great. I got mine for $448 from Dell because I had a coupon to use. The best place to buy it in my opinion is Upgrade Source if they still have their no hassle return policy for dead pixels (you may want to call and ask). I also like mine but I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet.

doh! your right..wasnt paying attention...yeah the 710N is what I got...which despite the stand is a great monitor for the price..

I see now its down to $408!
 
I just got my 710T from Dell for about $480+tax. It arrived in just a few days.

I found no dead pixels and it came with a DVI cable.

The stand is very adjustable: the base rotates, the display tilts and moves up and down, and it will pivot for portrait mode. I wrestled with the stand a bit before I realized a pin had to be removed to allow up/down motion. Doh!

Colors and brightness are great. I like the manual controls (unlike the 173p).

Text is very crisp. DVDs look good but not great (this might be a software issue). I was surprised that the viewing angles are quite large horizontally and vertically.

I have a grey scale test jpeg. It showed no banding, so either this is 24bit or the dithering has improved alot.

Ghosting is small. I did my solitaire test and the 710T did much better than a 172X that I tested at a store. The 710T has lower ghosting in solitaire than any other LCD I have tested.

I played Q3 for a bit and everything looks great. Interpolation worked well at 640, 800, and 1024. Don't bother with interpolation on the desktop, the text is blurred.

This monitor does not look as cool as the 172X and 173P. But it wins by a mile on functionality, price, and performance. This might be the best 17" LCD so far.

Erin
 
nire said:
I just got my 710T from Dell for about $480+tax. It arrived in just a few days.

I found no dead pixels and it came with a DVI cable.

The stand is very adjustable: the base rotates, the display tilts and moves up and down, and it will pivot for portrait mode. I wrestled with the stand a bit before I realized a pin had to be removed to allow up/down motion. Doh!

Colors and brightness are great. I like the manual controls (unlike the 173p).

Text is very crisp. DVDs look good but not great (this might be a software issue). I was surprised that the viewing angles are quite large horizontally and vertically.

I have a grey scale test jpeg. It showed no banding, so either this is 24bit or the dithering has improved alot.

Ghosting is small. I did my solitaire test and the 710T did much better than a 172X that I tested at a store. The 710T has lower ghosting in solitaire than any other LCD I have tested.

I played Q3 for a bit and everything looks great. Interpolation worked well at 640, 800, and 1024. Don't bother with interpolation on the desktop, the text is blurred.

This monitor does not look as cool as the 172X and 173P. But it wins by a mile on functionality, price, and performance. This might be the best 17" LCD so far.

Erin

Im curious how the 710T is a better performer than the 172X or 710N considering they all use the same 17" 12ms panel?

I'll have to get one and see for myself...
 
i've been thinking about picking up a 172X (550.00) but...don't have the money right now.

cheers,

dave
 
Back
Top