samsung 3200 ram is pretty killer

fr33ze

Gawd
i got two sticks of samsums 3200 512Mb ram about a month ago and i really wasn't expecting a huge amount from it when i got it for two reasons, 1 it was fairly cheap (a lot less than OCZ and mushkin) and 2 the sticks were double sided.

anyway i've just started to stretch the ram and so far i've found it to be what i call stable at 230Mhz @ 2.5v and 11-3-3-3

i know the timings rn't fantastic but im pretty pleased to get 230 at only 2.5v, recon theres still quite a bit left to be found.

Just so everyone knows by stable i mean its getting through a loop of 3dmark01 with prime95 running and both getting through fine with no errors, i know this is pretty short but i've found in the past that if an errors gonna come up it normally happens in the first two minutes.

pic

fr33ze-ram230.JPG

gonna carry on testing when over the next day or two and try and find the limit of these sticks

can j00 put 2.7v's into em and boot 2-2-2-11 stable?

edit: good thing to know cuz im gonna build my step father a intel box instead of amd.... due to *ahem prescott for me and 2.4c for him ahem* and i need to get him some ram.

Originally posted by Cloud15x
can j00 put 2.7v's into em and boot 2-2-2-11 stable?

edit: good thing to know cuz im gonna build my step father a intel box instead of amd.... due to *ahem prescott for me and 2.4c for him ahem* and i need to get him some ram.
2-2-2-11 no.

3-3-3-11, probably...

I've got some sticks for sale if you're interested... i'm looking for some BH-5 :(

nice! thats pretty sweet, especially with only 2.5..to the guy above^^^ check prescott benchmarks...from what i have seen they(im sorry, i must say it!) suck....just check them before you buy!

Just bought 2x512 of that stuff, C4 chips, to go with my brand new 3.0c that I bought today (no prescotts here, no siree), I'll tell you how they work once the stupid case gets here from Antec HQ...

I put 1 stick into my old 1800+, booted fine @266MHz 2-2-2-6, didn't try 1.5-2-2-6, but it held 2-2-2-6 up to 150mhz fsb... then again, it IS pc3200 :p

And it is dirt cheap, $92cdn / stick

ot, but how do I tell what week my processor is?

Originally posted by diredesire
2-2-2-11 no.

3-3-3-11, probably...

I've got some sticks for sale if you're interested... i'm looking for some BH-5 :(

it does 3-3-3-11 no problems at all, havnt played around much mith the timings but i very much doubt cas would run as low as 2, maybe 2.5

ot, but how do I tell what week my processor is?

fr33ze-amdcpu.JPG

if you look at the code in the black box at the bottom left it reads JIUHB0310WPMW, the first two numbers in that string (03) are the year of manufacture, the second two are the week so the chip in the picture was made in week ten.

No i wont buy a prescott blindly.... If it comes down to it, im going to give him my 2.4 and get a 2.8c and try to come near 250 fsb with it.........

Back