Samsung 305t - red vertical lines

Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
781
Some vertical red lines finally decided to show up on my Samsung 305t monitor. It's definitely a heat related issue, they only show up when the monitor has been on for 5+ mins. If I turn it off for a bit, they go away, but if I just do it quickly, they are still there.

A1e9all.jpg

IBqiaYl.jpg

YjraoMl.jpg


Does anyone have an idea of what part is failing? I plan on opening it up tomorrow and checking for any bum components.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Disconnected from the PC, it will keep the red lines in RGB if it has been on for a while.

I just opened the back, and noticed the thermal pad on the Altera chip has a very loose connection with the metal grate on top of it. I'm going to attempt to keep a fan on that chip and run the monitor for a while to see if the problem comes back.

If I still get it, I'll dig into further and check out more of the caps on the boards.
 
I took off the back panel and did some gaming while a fan was blowing on the top rear of the monitor. The red lines did not come back. I did rig the metal above the chip to be pressed down with some glue and a small crossbar. I also added some thermal compound for the contact as well. If the issue persists, I'll put a mini usb fan inside the monitor chasis.

Here's the rear of the monitor. The Altera chip is under the polished aluminum at the top in the middle of the grating.
Gfta8wl.jpg


And after some more gaming, it appears to be functioning:
fviaoul.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top