samsung 275T

Ok... Here's my final answer... I don't think Input lag matters... I think it's more mental

Sorry for being a flake...

I played and played COD4 and TF2 at different points many time these past weeks and I can still run the tables on a map.

Here's my guess... Input lag in the FP shooters I play probably leads to my death 1 out of 10 times... I can live with that

Some COD4 Screenies... Sometimes I do worse, sometimes I do better... Just like when I was on my 22ms Gateway.

Im Battle_Rattle of course
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/Battle_Rattle/shot0001.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/Battle_Rattle/shot0000.jpg

McCartney -- Any pics of your 275T running games or open apps would be great. Like you, I don't really care about all those inputs or even PIP. The price difference between the 275T and 305T is about $250, so that's not a concern, either. I think going for a 30" LCD (305T or Dell 3007WFP-HC) is probably better for me over the long haul, but I won't make a final decision until after Christmas.

Hi guys sorry for a lack of response. Monitor is GREAT. Any pic requests/tests please post I'll put this thread on notice so I can check and help out.
Thanks.

I'm waiting for my third 2707 now, first one had one dead and one stuck pixel, the second emit a really annoying noise from the psu and also emit crack and pop when cooling down..... I don't want to go back to smaller, 27" is the way to go but if the Dell is defective again I will get a refund. So is the samsung noisy too, can you hear a buzz coming from the back of the monitor ???

Ok I answer my own question, send back the Dell and I kept the Samsung.....For me it's a better monitor than Dell and no annoying noise.

The only thing bothering me is the release of the Samsung 275T PLUS any day....Hope it will be soon enough so I can get a refund and pick the new one.

http://www.pccanada.com/viewitem.asp?id=7035

I just got mine today. So far this monitor is amazing. I can't believe how much more detail I can see compared to my old Benq T905 19" TN Panel LCD... This thing is fantastic. The text is larger and easier to read as well so I can finally relax in my chair a bit.

So far I have not noticed any noise coming from the power supply on my unit and I have not seen any dead pixels yet but I haven't setup any test patterns etc. to look for them yet either.

The PIP is also pretty cool for watching some TV while playing games etc.

Overall, for the money, this seems like a great monitor. Some are saying they liked it better than the Dell 2707WFP. I got mine for $899.99 which is still $100 cheaper than Dell is offering theirs for on sale.

Hey Guys, my first post here....

I walked into the 275T a little late but fortunately I have noticed Samsung has the 275T plus on their website.

Does anyone know where this monitor can be purchased in the states? Also, are they going to discontinue the 275T? Dell doesn't carry anymore?

Raz

I recently puschased one of these monitors and I have a short review to post on it.

It's an S-PVA of course so the viewing angles are quite good compared to a TN screen, no complaints there at all.

The colors are nice on this monitor with the wide gamut screen, almost too nice. They're a little over saturated for my taste (Kind of like having digital vibrance turned up on an Nvidia card), but I could live with it after adjusting the colors in the menu.

Backlight bleeding....almost none. The bottom corners had a very slight bleed of light coming through, but hardly anything really. The blacks are VERY good on this display.

Response time...Supposedly 6ms Gray-Gray, I'd say much more than that from what I saw. Probably closer to 12ms Gray-Gray. Definitely more ghosting than any other 6ms PVA panel I've used.

The input lag, this is going to be bad...real bad.
On the 275T the lag was extremely bad. Even my desktop movement was delayed considerably. This was so profound that I couldn't stand it on the desktop, and in a game it was almost to the point of ridiculous. Everything was mushy and delayed so badly that it was like draging a mouse through mud.

I can't believe this is allowed to be sold to people with such a HUGE issue. I wanted to believe that lag wasn't a problem, but no matter how much I tweaked the mouse settings or prayed to the heavens for me to get used to it, it just wouldn't feel any better.

If you're considering this monitor take this information into consideration. I'm not exagerating at all here folks. It's really that laggy.

I really wanted to keep this monitor, I really did. It look phenomenal. Unfortunately I can't justify paying almost a grand for something that's got such a huge flaw. It just not usable for me like that.

I own the 275T and I do not feel any input lag.
For your information, input lag can also be caused by wireless mouses and use of vsync (in games only).

I understand you don't feel any lag, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Lucky you...because it's quite bad on the 275T. It's really bad...I mean real bad.

I actually don't understand how you can't feel it to be honest. Must be used to having a sloppy pointer all the time?

It was bad even just in desktop use, games was horrendous.

I understand you don't feel any lag, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Lucky you...because it's quite bad on the 275T. It's really bad...I mean real bad.

I actually don't understand how you can't feel it to be honest. Must be used to having a sloppy pointer all the time?

Dave,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 275T+. You're feedback is interesting. I plan to use my 275T+ for gaming and if it's anything like you say the 275T, I'll be posting similar feedback.

I have heard from some gamers that the display is rock solid? Are running DVI?

Raz

The display was excellent, and other than the crazy lag I experienced it was pretty much perfect.

I was running DVI.

Yes, I did return it. This was only a couple of days ago. I haven't decided on what to go with yet unfortunately. Seems a bit difficult to find a good monitor these days.

Would like an ips panel, but that's not looking too easy to find. There's a planar 26" that look interesting though.

Yes, I did return it. This was only a couple of days ago. I haven't decided on what to go with yet unfortunately. Seems a bit difficult to find a good monitor these days.

Would like an ips panel, but that's not looking too easy to find. There's a planar 26" that look interesting though.

Is it the Planar PX2611W? If so, the specs look pretty decent. No HDMI and I suppose the total rise of 12ms could be better? Personally, I've never owned anything other than a 19" Sony Trinitron CRT so I can't comment.

Have you had had any experience with the dell 27"? I think I recall reading posts claiming bad ghosting as well...??

Raz

I use a CRT monitor at work and used to feel input lag with the Dell 2405FPW.
I been using the 275T for 4 months now and I can assure you that the pointer is not sloppy. The pointer responds well and games are fine too.

Maybe you got a defective monitor or maybe there is a problem with your setup?

I use a CRT monitor at work and used to feel input lag with the Dell 2405FPW.
I been using the 275T for 4 months now and I can assure you that the pointer is not sloppy. The pointer responds well and games are fine too.

Maybe you got a defective monitor or maybe there is a problem with your setup?

Nothing wrong with my setup that I know of. From what I've read the 2405 has been tested to have LESS input lag than the 275T, so I'm not sure how you could feel lag in the Dell 2405, yet not in the Samsung 275T monitor.

I'm back on my Viewsonic VX2025wm MVA panel monitor for now (only about 20ms lag on this one) I can feel it, but it's minimal. Any more than this and I can't stand it.

Nothing wrong with my setup that I know of. From what I've read the 2405 has been tested to have LESS input lag than the 275T, so I'm not sure how you could feel lag in the Dell 2405, yet not in the Samsung 275T monitor.

I'm back on my Viewsonic VX2025wm MVA panel monitor for now (only about 20ms lag on this one) I can feel it, but it's minimal. Any more than this and I can't stand it.

the lag you notice isn't from the monitor. the Samsung 275t has very minimal lag compared to IPS panels. the lag you get is from your RAM, Video card, or Processor. or other components. its NOT the monitor. its your computer.

the lag you notice isn't from the monitor. the Samsung 275t has very minimal lag compared to IPS panels. the lag you get is from your RAM, Video card, or Processor. or other components. its NOT the monitor. its your computer.

That's just silly talk. How is that even possible. Especially since it's not an issue with my other monitor. DESKTOP mouse movement being slow to respond and mushy with an 8800gt, 4gb ddr2, and an X2 6400+. I don't think so.

What kind of lag do you think the 275T has been tested to have? I've read close to 60ms, and I experienced something that would indicate that the figure is correct.

I'm NOT some Tech noob that doesn't have a clue.

Minimal lag compared to IPS panels, which panels? That's just rediculous in itself. IPS with worse response times yes, input lag, not likely.

That's just silly talk. How is that even possible. Especially since it's not an issue with my other monitor. DESKTOP mouse movement being slow to respond and mushy with an 8800gt, 4gb ddr2, and an X2 6400+. I don't think so.

What kind of lag do you think the 275T has been tested to have? I've read close to 60ms, and I experienced something that would indicate that the figure is correct.

I'm NOT some Tech noob that doesn't have a clue.

Minimal lag compared to IPS panels, which panels? That's just rediculous in itself.

how can a S-PVA panel have more input lag than a IPS panel. that is absurd. an IPS panel is much sluggish and slower so how could it be that an IPS panel has less lag than a S-PVA?

how can a S-PVA panel have more input lag than a IPS panel. that is absurd. an IPS panel is much sluggish and slower so how could it be that an IPS panel has less lag than a S-PVA?

We're talking about input lag (Mouse movement etc) NOT response times\ghosting. There's a big difference.

compare it to the top end NEC 2690, they have more input lag that the Sasmung 275t. the IPS panels have alot slower response time than a S-PVA panel how can it be that a IPS panel has less lag than a S-PVA? not true at all.

compare it to the top end NEC 2690, they have more input lag that the Sasmung 275t. the IPS panels have alot slower response time than a S-PVA panel how can it be that a IPS panel has less lag than a S-PVA? not true at all.

How about telling me the input lag times on that monitor then? I'm having a hard time believing that IPS is worse than 60ms for input lag than a VA panel display.

We're talking about input lag (Mouse movement etc) NOT response times\ghosting. There's a big difference.

oh thats not a huge concern. most people don't even notice that minimal detail. this is only for EXTREME graphic designers who need extreme mouse precision to design graphics and use powerpoint for IT displaying at some WTO meeting. this is not something multimedia users worry about or need because you cant even tell and notice it.

you must be in the IT professional business and need a S-IPS or even higher end H-IPS panel. all monitors are not perfect and even IPS panels have major flaws. even more than S-PVA or S-MVA panels. ir >. (very slow response times and major ghosting)

input lag is much much less noticeable that sluggish response time and ghosting like a IPS panel. the only LCD's that will have near perfection will be the LED and OLED LCD monitors and TV's.

I disagree when it comes to input lag being hard to notice. The 275T I had was delayed quite a bit, even scrolling webpages you could feel a delay from the time you rolled the wheel to the time the page moved. Scroll down and then up right away, do you feel the mush\delay in response at the bottom when it's ready to scroll goes back up? That's lag for sure, and I can't stand it.

Here's a compare of the 245T and the 26" NEC (No 275T in the test link, but they're very similar.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=36&ph=12

That IPS NEC is slow for an IPS, but still better than the Samsung. Especially when you look at the MIN lag....it's double.

I disagree when it comes to input lag being hard to notice. The 275T I had was delayed quite a bit, even scrolling webpages you could feel a delay from the time you rolled the wheel to the time the page moved. Scroll down and then up right away, do you feel the mush\delay in response at the bottom when it's ready to scroll goes back up? That's lag for sure, and I can't stand it.

Here's a compare of the 245T and the 26" NEC (No 275T in the test link, but they're very similar.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=36&ph=12

That IPS NEC is slow for an IPS, but still better than the Samsung. Especially when you look at the MIN lag....it's double.

thats interesting, i have the Samsung 245BW hooked up with DVI-D and i don't notice webpages lag behind or get mushy. the only problem with this monitor is the viewing angles and the 6 bit panel colors which look a little washed out.

thats interesting, i have the Samsung 245BW hooked up with DVI-D and i don't notice webpages lag behind or get mushy. the only problem with this monitor is the viewing angles and the 6 bit panel colors which look a little washed out.

You wouldn't notice any input lag with a 245BW, it doesn't have very much because it's a TN panel monitor. Probably less than 10ms average input lag on it...compared to 60-70ms on the 275\245T. (S-PVA)

Found some numbers out there.

tftcentral did input lag testing on Samsung 245B. That monitor's average input lag was 7.5ms. So basically nothing.

You wouldn't notice any input lag with a 245BW, it doesn't have very much because it's a TN panel monitor. Probably less than 10ms average input lag on it...compared to 60-70ms on the 275\245T. (S-PVA)

i guess the cons of the S-PVA panel would be input lag and the cons of TN panel is bad viewing angles and washed out colors, and the cons for IPS panel is bad response time and ghosting.

it depends what the use of the monitor is for. in my case its for gaming and HD movies so i pick the S-PVA for best picture quality overall. TN is budget low end for mass consumers. and IPS is for professional graphic designers and business use such as powerpoint displays at some important meetings. or for medical databases with clear text and images. IPS isnt made for multimedia like watching High Definition movies or playing Video games.

IPS is very expensive even for small size displays.

i guess the cons of the S-PVA panel would be input lag and the cons of TN panel is bad viewing angles and washed out colors, and the cons for IPS panel is bad response time and ghosting.

it depends what the use of the monitor is for. in my case its for gaming and HD movies so i pick the S-PVA for best picture quality overall. TN is budget low end for mass consumers. and IPS is for professional graphic designers and business use such as powerpoint displays at some important meetings. or for medical databases with clear text and images. IPS isnt made for multimedia like watching High Definition movies or playing Video games.

IPS is very expensive even for small size displays.

So what monitor are you using...245bw like you said a few posts ago, or a 275T?

So what monitor are you using...245bw like you said a few posts ago, or a 275T?

I have the 245BW but i want to buy the 257TPlus. i like the 245BW it has a nice screen and surfing the internet on this looks nice and colorful and good resolution but i wanna go higher.

I have the 245BW but i want to buy the 257TPlus. i like the 245BW it has a nice screen and surfing the internet on this looks nice and colorful and good resolution but i wanna go higher.

No doubt that the 245BW will have poorer viewing angles etc becasue it's TN, but in games your current monitor is one of the best due to its low lag and response times.

Best of luck with the 275T Plus, I wish input lag wasn't an issue for me, but unfortunately it is something I'm sensitive to I guess. Has great color\blacks though.

No doubt that the 245BW will have poorer viewing angles etc becasue it's TN, but in games your current monitor is one of the best due to its low lag and response times.

Best of luck with the 275T Plus, I wish input lag wasn't an issue for me, but unfortunately it is something I'm sensitive to I guess. Has great color\blacks though.

Thanks Dave, i hope you find the monitor you want too. This website has a wealth of information.

Where do you get this stuff? :p

Everything you've said in here is true except you've got your panels backwards. PVA is known to have generally much worse lag than IPS or TN, and certain Samsungs in particular are infamous for some of the most outrageous lag available. And for some reason, the other manufacturers that use Samsung PVA panels (like NEC) usually have less lag than Samsung's own PVA displays. Also, of the monitors you've mentioned, most 24"+ PVAs have worse lag than the 2490/2690 IPS, and the Planar IPS has even less, in fact probably the least of any 24"+ non-TN.

You can read about the different panel types at TFT Central, PRAD, BeHardware, Anandtech, Extreme Tech, etc., and you can find input lag tests with hard numbers at those sites plus Digitalversus and in countless threads in this forum.

Where do you get this stuff? :p

Everything you've said in here is true except you've got your panels backwards. PVA is known to have generally much worse lag than IPS or TN, and certain Samsungs in particular are infamous for some of the most outrageous lag available. And for some reason, the other manufacturers that use Samsung PVA panels (like NEC) usually have less lag than Samsung's own PVA displays. Also, of the monitors you've mentioned, most 24"+ PVAs have worse lag than the 2490/2690 IPS, and the Planar IPS has even less, in fact probably the least of any 24"+ non-TN.

You can read about the different panel types at TFT Central, PRAD, BeHardware, Anandtech, Extreme Tech, etc., and you can find input lag tests with hard numbers at those sites plus Digitalversus and in countless threads in this forum.

lag would probably be a very minor problem compared to the very SLOW response times and ghosting of IPS panels.

M. Night Shyamalan should remake its Sixth Sense movie and change one aspect of the intrigue. It should be "I see input lag" instead of "I see dead peoples".

lag would probably be a very minor problem compared to the very SLOW response times and ghosting of IPS panels.

Again, I have no idea where you got that. The 2490 and 2690 IPS have response times of 8ms gray-to-gray and 16ms full, which is the same or better than most 24"+ PVAs and MVAs. The Planar has a faster response time than any other 24"+ IPS or PVA.

Back