Samsung 2232BW+ Plus

therealjustin

Limp Gawd
I bought a Samsung 2232BW+ or Plus from Best Buy on Saturday and while it looks nice I'm not very happy with it.

I used a 17" CRT for 10 years. This is my first flat panel monitor. Being a 22" screen it looks huge compared to my old one and the picture looks nice, for the most part.

To me, it looks too washed out even with dynamic contrast turned on.

Everything is too white.

When viewing white both sides of the screen are yellowish, the right side even more so.

When scrolling on a website the text blurs from the fast motion and makes me sick to my stomach.

When playing 1080p movie trailers I can see banding in the gradients in the video, like polarizing or something.

Also, when scrolling on a web page with a background that has a 1 pixel line every other line, like this,

Only closer together, I can see flickering and chopping.

Are these normal LCD actions or should I take it back? I was also looking at the HP w2207h and I wish I had gone with that instead. I'm not sure I can use an LCD after seemingly being spoiled by a nice CRT for so long.

Here's a link to the monitor: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8817505&type=product&id=1206749957578

try turning the brightness down. lcds are far too bright at the default settings for most uses.

I have tried everything and it still looks yellow. The colors appear to be washed out too.

I took this picture with my camera and increased the saturation of the yellow and red in the image and to my surprise it actually correctly portrays where I'm seeing the yellow. On both sides but a lot more on the right of the monitor than the left side.

samsung2232bwdi3.jpg

Back