Samsung 204B Flickers On and Off

Ladyhawk

Limp Gawd
I just put together a new system with an ATi Sapphire X1900XT and a Samsung SyncMaster 204B. The monitor flickers on and off randomly.

At first I thought it was the rotation software causing this. After removing the rotation software and messing around with the drivers, the problem got better. The screen only flickers when I start up a new program. I thought this was "normal" because I've never had an LCD display before. Annoying, but normal.

Today when I tried to watch a movie for the first time, the screen started flickering off and on randomly and I knew that wasn't normal. :mad: I did a little digging and found this thread at evga.

I did buy my monitor from NewEgg and it was built in China. Can anyone give me more information on this?

Thanks.

have the same issue, Samsung 204B-r and a eVGA 7900GT...
from what I've found from lots of those who have the same issue... we stuck !

using the VGA port verses the DVI appears to fix the issue with this LCD model :(

my 225bw was blanking out and in when in full screen mode, in a very random way. i too was freakin, but i finally found out it was because i pushed my pc back against the wall and the dvi cable was pinched between the pc and wall. not sure why that made a difference, but once i took the pressure off the cable the problem went away immediately.

Back