• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung 193P vs. 213T

ablatt

n00b
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
28
I purchased the 193P at Best Buy here in Toronto last week and can still give it back. It replaces my old trusty Sony 19" CRT.

I still find seeing the grid of pixels so clearly at 1280 x 1024 a bit wierd and although the monitor is pretty good I find the colors somewhat washed out compared to what I'm used to.

I am toying with the idea of trying the 213T to see if the 1600 x 1200 makes a big difference and also remember a review (possibly by Anandtech) saying the 213T had more vibrant colors than the 193P. I am 51, however, and am a bit concerned the text will be too small at 1600 x 1200.

Anybody here that has tried both that can comment?
 
Wierd,I find the colors very vibrant and true on mine,maybe you need to calibrate it?

As far as the pixel deal goes,it's called "the screen door effect",all LCD's do this some worse then others,but I only notice it when I actually look for it and only on lighter colors and when I get close enough.

Also,the 213T uses the exact same panel so I don't think that would make a difference,but 1600x1200 on a 20.1" LCD isn't that much smaller then what you have.

Anyways,I read a ton of reviews and comments before I bought mine and not one ever mentioned the colors being washed out and it was one of the few LCD's that was actually said to be sufficient for graphics work.If you haven't calibrated it try that and hopefully that would help.

Chris
 
I have the 213T and I’m a few years older then you, I can read it just fine. Strangely with my 20” CRT at 1600 X 1200 that was not the case.

As for washed out color, an LCD is a tad different to set up, and trust me it has to be set up. I really think half the problems we read about here in the forum is from poor or no setup. As a rule I find people having way too much color.

It will take you a bit to get used to your new toy and get it the way you want but I can almost promise you will never go back to CRT once you get it all worked out.

Luck
 
Sorry for being off-topic.

But is the 213T height-adjustable? In the manual it says it is but I've seen that it itsn't on several sites.

Can someone who actually own one answer this?

Thanks
 
Yup, it pivots, swivels and is height adjustable. Looks good too, especially in black.
 
Back
Top