• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

samsung 193p review

abarsami

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
162
Here is my quick summary.

19" / 20ms samsung 193p

I just got this lcd. So far I miss having buttons on the lcd. I tried the MagicTune software. But in the end I'm sticking with good old ATI to adjust my settings.

The pivot part of the stand is not sturdy enough. If you lower the lcd a little and shake the table a little the lcd lowers automatically.

For gaming this is better than a typical 25ms and worse than the 2001fp. I've seen my friends 2001fp and ghosting is better on that. I tried Unreal 2k4 and did notice more ghosting on inside levels than outside levels. After playing for 5 minutes I didn't notice it much.

Colors - this is where this lcd shines. It has the best colors I've seen yet on an lcd. The design is also top notch.

That's it. I'm not sure if I'll keep it based on the crappy pivot stand not being sturdy. Might wait it out for a 19" s-ips 16ms panel.
 
I got it at Fry's. I will play with it for a week. Probably end up keeping it.
 
NEC is suppose to release a 19" s-ips panel in fall of this year - ie will probably be early 2005 before you can actually buy one :) .
 
The pivot part of the stand is not sturdy enough. If you lower the lcd a little and shake the table a little the lcd lowers automatically.

try getting a replacement, i have a 173p and the pivot is very solid. I shook the desk and it didn't budge. of course, maybe the extra weight on the 19" causes that.

Colors - this is where this lcd shines. It has the best colors I've seen yet on an lcd.

do you do graphic work at all? How bout dark colors? on my 173p, the darks get lost. You can check that out by looking at the greyscale here. Do the dark shades of gray look black? Are all shades evenly spaced?
 
I think it is just that the 19" is too heavy for the base. I returned it. The colors were really good though.
 
Back
Top