• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung 193P Questions...

Supratik

n00b
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
45
Hi guys,

I just bought a Samsung 193P. It's nice.

However, there are two dead pixels, and the place where I purchased from has a 0-dead pixel policy. My previous LCD was slightly cheaper (a Planar) and had 3 dead pixels.

Initially this didn't bother me too much, but then I noticed that when windows were fully maximized, the top "bar" (where the title of the window is, minimize, maximize, and close buttons are) was darker than when windows were partially maximized!

Essentially, I narrowed this down to just the top horizontal 5th of the monitor being slightly darker than the rest at the native resolution of 1280x1024.

Is this normal? :( Shouldn't the brightness be uniform?

Maybe I'll be taking advantage of that dead pixel policy after all.

Thanks!

- Supratik

P.S. The darkness is barely noticeable - i.e. whites go subtly gray, very slight in retrospect.
 
Ack, come on guys - surely someone has something to say. :)

I only have til' the 18th to return this thing, are they slightly varying brightness levels a normal thing?
 
I had the 173P and it was completely uniform. I don't know if this should also be true for the 193p, but I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. I say if it doesn't cost you any extra, return it for another one. If the next one isn't better, they maybe it is a common problem and then you can either ignore it or return it.
 
Back
Top