• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Samsung 172x question/vendor question

Xebec

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 22, 2003
Messages
244
First off does anyone have The samsung 172x and what do you guys think about it...any better alternatives? Searching around on new egg I can't say I can find much better of an lcd spec wise...but I relize that doesn't necessarily mean its best.

Also where do you guys suggest is the best place to buy...neweggs dead pixel policy doesn't seem too appealing but I don't know where else I can order that monitor. There is monitor direct but I can't even find thier dead pixel policy and that monitor is about 50 bucks more I belive.

Any input is appreciated
Thanks
 
Have it, love it. Tried 3 other LCDs and 172X is the best overall. One of the best gaming LCDs and better colors than the AUO screens.

www.monitordirect.com

30-day money-back (except shipping one way) no questions asked.
 
Just got my own 172x couple of days ago... Rare items in Finland u know what I mean
I have to say it's the best damn LCD I've ever come across to - Damn straight!!! And Grolandi is right, it's true what he was saying all along about the 172x that it IS tHE monitor you´re gonna get if you´re a heavy G4MER and like sharp LCD screens and rich colors!

I'm in total exstacy when I play games like FFXI or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.. It´s too good to be true you know... I have one red sub-pixel and I couldn´t care less about it.. It doesn´t bother me at all. Overall I think it is a great monitor and well worth it´s price.

Never back to CRT again!
 
Hey guys - I have a 193P and love it as well, but I'm encountering a very, very slight darkness issue in the top 1/5th horizontal of the screen (i.e. when a window is fully maximized, the title bar appears darker then it would in the middle of the screen).

Is this a normal occurence? If so I won't worry about it but it didn't happen with my old LCD.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top