samsung 172x monitor

how many of you guys on this forum own this monitor? What do you think of it? Currently, im looking for a 17 inch monitor that has excellent picture quality.

I would suggest looking into the 710T. It is better at games according to many (including myself) and is a true 24-bit panel as opposed to the 18-bit panel on the 172x, which means it can display 64 times the colors of the 172x. The only advantages of the 172x are the included wall-mount and more stylish design. The 710t has better picture quality, approximately the same ghosting (less imo), better viewing angle, pivoting, and it's cheaper.

another vote for the 710t.. i was set on the 172x til i saw it and it ended up savin me 80 bucks :)

stimlaphine said:
what is the response time on the 710t?

the 172x is suppose to have the fastest around, 12ms.
For all intents and purposes, the 710T appears to be the same or better than the 172X, at 12ms no less.

:confused: BOTH are 12ms? Ok, I see that the 710T is cheaper, but for me it'd be cheaper by like £10, havent done too much searching. Assuming price were identical, you guys still think the 710T is the superior monitor?

vlad said:
:confused: BOTH are 12ms? Ok, I see that the 710T is cheaper, but for me it'd be cheaper by like £10, havent done too much searching. Assuming price were identical, you guys still think the 710T is the superior monitor?
I think it is.

One thing that you might want to consider... I've heard reports of the 710T in Europe having different specs (this is qualified by the samsung website, which lacks any and all consistency across websites). Look into the specs at the retailer and make sure that they agree with what we have stated.

BombermanX said:
One thing that you might want to consider... I've heard reports of the 710T in Europe having different specs (this is qualified by the samsung website, which lacks any and all consistency across websites). Look into the specs at the retailer and make sure that they agree with what we have stated.
Sure, the retailers themselves are plenty confused, some list it at 16ms, some at 12. Thanks for the warning though, I wonder if there's any way to be absolutely sure.

This is turning into an Orwelling situation.. the makers give you conflicting information, the retailers give you conflicting information, vinny77 gives you three different flavours of conflicting information... :p

Yeah, haha. Well, I'd just call in and ask the retailer before you purchase. That way, if they're wrong, you can just send it back for false advertising.

Back