• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

samsung 102'' plasma hdtv

It would look very coarse, I think, unless you're pretty far away from it. Just do the math: 102 diagonal and a 16:9 aspect ratio mean that the panel's active area is about 89 inches wide by about 50 inches high.

50 inches divided by 1080 pixels means each pixel is about 1.2 mm high.
89 inches divided by 1920 pixels means each pixel is about 1.2 mm high.

A 1.2 mm dot pitch isn't going to be too pleasant unless you're about ten feet away, I think.

I don't see the dispaly on the Samsung website yet, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't have a DVI input. (Though, I haven't been following HDMI much.)
 
Goddamn, how much does one 102" plasma weigh? I don't know about the rest of ye but I'm very happy with 120" projection system that I can pick up with one hand.
 
How do you lift a ten-foot screen, its mounting hardware, and a projector, all with one hand?
 
mikeblas said:
How do you lift a ten-foot screen, its mounting hardware, and a projector, all with one hand?

I think he was referring to solely the projector...
 
I just bought three of them for maximum word processing multitasking bliss. Forget gaming on one of these. They PWN MS office 2003.
 
Back
Top