Same problem as the last time...

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
I am new to the HTPC world and am trying to get HD OTA. I get analog in fine and get 85 to 95% signal strength on a few HD channels. However I just get a blank screen, no audio or video.

Basically I have the following setup:
Amd 3800+
MSI K8T (Via chipset) NEO2
1 Gig Ram
BFG 6800gtoc (72.14)
WinXP Pro sp2 fully patched (new install as of 9/25/05)
Fusionhdtv5 lite
Samsung 193p+ (19 inch LCD)
LiteOn DVDrw
LiteOn DVD
1 SATA 80G Seagate
1 IDE 80G WD

I am currently using the Fusion beta software version 3.1. This is the second Fusion card I have tried, both with the same issue. There are no IRQ conflicts that I can see. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also posted on HTPCnews.com.

No, as of right now, I do not have a non-via setup. Is there a known issue with Via chipsets?

Well it's well known that VIA chipset boards tend to run into more compatiablity issues then NV boards.

I would try the card in another PC (chipset doesn't matter, you just want to see if the card will work) if you can.

As this is my second card, and both have the exact same problem, I am leaning toward user error or a HW compatability issue. Unforunately I do not have a second machine that is easy to get access to. I may take the card to work try on a set up there. Thanks for your help, if you have any other ideas, let me know.

its a long shot. but ive seen some of the nvidia driver versions come with wacked out overlay color settings, which in theory could make the picture all black if they were all set to 0 or something. If that was the case, you should still get sound though, so it probably isnt unfortunately.

http://www.avid.com/onlinesupport/supportcontent.asp?productID=92&contentID=7422&typeID=

has some info on where the settings are.

Is the card giving you picture on the analog channels?

Yeah I get picture and sound on analog. I will check the link you sent.

EDIT: Checked link, and that didn't help any. Thanks though, any other ideas?

Got it to work. I had to get a new mobo though. I think Fusion and Via chipsets have conflicts.

Yeah it sucked. Luckily I got a refurb from newegg for $50 that has a few issues that I was able to workaround. I decided to get off water cooling and get a new case (Antec P-180). I am stoked on the HDTV OTA. Football is going to be awesome.

Back