Salvo 400 Series ITX 7.15L case

grsychckn

Weaksauce
I had a build thread over in the worklog sub regarding my project but haven't posted here because I honestly forgot there was a SFF sub as well. I've had a couple emergencies at work today so I've been unable to post this until late tonight but I wanted to give some information regarding the Salvo 400 case and how you can contact me if you're interested in purchasing one. I had 40 cases made (20 silver/20 black) and I'm sold out of the black cases. I only have about a dozen silver cases left.

1. Will you ship overseas?
Yes, but buyer will pay all associated shipping costs as well as duty/tax fees because I will not ship as a gift.
2. What are the supported video card, power supply, CPU heatsink/fan dimensions?
Supported GPU Dimensions
PCB Size (including PCIe interface): 120mm x 292mm (wider than 120mm heatsink/fan *might* fit but I won't officially support)
Dual Slot Height: 40mm
Supported CPU Heatsink/Fan Height: 50mm
Supported PSU Form Factor: SFX only (SFX-L not supported)
3. What warranty do you have?
I will be selling each of these "As Is" which means if something breaks, I will not be shipping replacement parts at my cost. I like to think I'm a reasonable person though and will work to make sure customers are happy. I will not accept refunds or returns for your components not fitting unless there is a defect in the manufacturing of the product. I will insure all shipments to the full amount of the purchase price.
4. How many are available?
I only had 40 of these units produced. I have the plans and can easily purchase more but I lose money on each one I sell so when these are gone, there will be no more. I might consider producing them again without the LED controller and it would be up to the buyer to provide things like the button, power supply inlet, and various hardware. Most of my loss in expense comes from my time and money spent on the lighting, buttons, paint, and hardware.
5. Are you going to make cases with tempered glass?
The problem with tempered glass (other than cost at around $100 a sheet for this case) is that it would require me to replace the generic vented cover with holes in a glass sheet that would be located for specific hardware. I could charge more and provide the glass, but hole placement would entirely depend on what hardware the user installs.
6. Does this case support vertical and horizontal orientations?
Yes, the case supports two different vertical orientations as well as horizontal. The vertical stand may be installed on either the "top" or "bottom" of the case which effects the direction of the airflow. With the horizontal orientation, I provide rubber feet to adhere to the #8-32 thumbscrews holding the side panel on.
7. What equipment do I need to purchase to aid with the install of my components?
None. The final product will ship with all screws, panels, connectors, and tools (tool set included) you would need to install your components in this case.
8. What kind of paint is used?
Every panel is powder coated.
9. Do the side panel and stand have to be the same color?
No. The stand and side panel can be any number of colors I have in stock. Currently, I have approximately 20 colors in stock, mostly flat finishes (red, green, blue, black). I will post a picture of paint samples soon. Available colors can be found here:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=d0xQV3BFaV9Nb2g5dmJDcWNSUDJZSk5ENXZfdFJ3
Side panel and stand can be painted the same black or silver as the case.
10. What material is the case made from?
Aluminum. 0.08" thick.

You can download the LED controller user manual here.
Install video

I am ready to take orders now. I will be charging $15 more for purchases through Etsy to cover their fees. The cost will be $225 ($240 from Etsy) which includes shipping to the lower 48 states. All other shipping costs will be paid by buyer and the only shipping company I will use is FedEx. If you contact me to purchase a case, send me your PayPal address and I'll start by sending you a $50 non-refundable invoice for the cost to paint the side panel and stand. Once the side panel and stand are painted, I'll send a second invoice with a picture of your case for your review. When you pay the balance of the second invoice, I'll try to ship your case out the next business day.

Currently planning on a 2-business day turn around on orders.

Alternatively, you can make your order on Etsy.

teaser_2.jpg

youtube_1.jpg

final_case_10.jpg

final_case_11.jpg

final_case_12.jpg

give-away-2.jpg

final_case_2.jpg

wide_gpu_1.jpg

I guess the ssds are on the back of the GPU. Don't they get too hot?

Also, have you tried placing the case horizontally with the vents underneath (with a clearance of ~2 cms)? I'm curious about the resulting temperatures.

I guess the ssds are on the back of the GPU. Don't they get too hot?

Also, have you tried placing the case horizontally with the vents underneath (with a clearance of ~2 cms)? I'm curious about the resulting temperatures.

So far, the SSDs have not been a problem with temperature. There is a ~19mm gap between the backplate on the GPU and the case surface so with a 9mm SSD, there's nearly a half inch of air gap between the two. That said, I have not done my own testing on the temperature of SSDs in any of the four mounts as I'm sure that all depends on the location, thickness, and GPU used.

The case is designed to have a low profile horizontally because all the venting is done on one side. When laid horizontally, all the components vent through the top. The case can be oriented two ways vertically, venting on right or left depending on where the stand is placed (the stand fits on the "top" or "bottom" of the case when vertical). This was designed so that it could be placed up against a wall in the vertical position or have the fans directed away from you. I think the pictures below will do a good job of explaining what I mean.

I include clear sticker feet for the side panel thumb screws so the case can sit horizontally and not damage the surface below or slide around on it.

prof_photo_2.jpg

prof_photo_4.jpg

il_fullxfull.1359821716_i1ca.jpg

The case is designed to have a low profile horizontally because all the venting is done on one side. When laid horizontally, all the components vent through the top. The case can be oriented two ways vertically, venting on right or left depending on where the stand is placed (the stand fits on the "top" or "bottom" of the case when vertical). This was designed so that it could be placed up against a wall in the vertical position or have the fans directed away from you. I think the pictures below will do a good job of explaining what I mean.
I understand, but i was asking if you've done any thermal test with the horizontal case inverted, ie with the fans sucking air from below (requiring 1/2 to 1 inch thick case feet), flat panel on top, so you can place a monitor on top of the case, for example; this will also reduce the perceived noise, i think.

I know your case is not build with this in mind, but it's an easy mod for someone to try (with some aftermarket case feet), so that's why i'm curious about the thermals in this position. Afaik, your case is the only one available with both the cpu and gpu facing one side, so i'm interested if it can also work with the fans facing bottom (with clearance).

I understand, but i was asking if you've done any thermal test with the horizontal case inverted, ie with the fans sucking air from below (requiring 1/2 to 1 inch thick case feet), flat panel on top, so you can place a monitor on top of the case, for example; this will also reduce the perceived noise, i think.

I know your case is not build with this in mind, but it's an easy mod for someone to try (with some aftermarket case feet), so that's why i'm curious about the thermals in this position. Afaik, your case is the only one available with both the cpu and gpu facing one side, so i'm interested if it can also work with the fans facing bottom (with clearance).

Ahh, I see. No, I have not tested temps with anything covering or "hovering" over the top of the case. I have to imagine though that it would greatly depend on what hardware you plan on installing. I'd be glad to try something but it's going to be a while now until I can have my own build as I have too many projects going right now.

Back