Sale Advice Needed

FM_Fixxxer

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, I need some guidance as I've never sold anything beyond local or on Kijiji.

I have 3 Asus 290x reference cards and a 1200w Coolermaster Gold PSU I want to sell.

All are high cost items, however I have not sold anything online, and as such, I don't have something like heat, or anything else. Hell I've only discovered what Heat was from this forum a while back.

What would I do in a situation like this? I'm sure as hell not comfortable shipping a card like this before payment.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance guys.

Well, first you would figure out what you would accept for those cards and PSU and put a price on them.

Then, you wait until someone wants it. They pay you via Paypal or Amazon Payments and then you ship them the goods once you have their money.

For people who may be weary of you, you can always take a picture of the goods with a piece of paper with today's date and your username. You can also give them your personal phone number to discuss payment.

I think this should be in TTT, but:

You might find a few traders willing to take a chance, but in lieu of actual references, you might consider the use of a 'broker' who is a well-respected member of the community who also has decent heatware, and use them as an escrow or middle-man. Used to be practiced in the beginning when people didn't like the idea of shipping first.

It's likely that you and your buyer could split the extra shipping costs to ensure a smooth trade, and also the broker can verify the items, or even potentially test them.

Sometimes you have to just determine your own comfortability, as well as your potential buyer's; I likely would not buy high ticket items from members who are not established in the trading circles.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I know what I want for them, I was thinking more along the lines of allowing people to see I'm not dicking anyone around. Suggestions like the paper with my user name and such is what I was looking for, I just wanted to see what people would suggest as acceptable.

I'm not to fond of the broker idea, as it's still the hardware leaving my hands with no payment. If I knew the members first hand no worries, but even a member with 15 years on the forum is still a stranger to me.

I guess all that's left is to make a post when ready and go with it. Thanks again guys.

There are probably scammers lurking about. ONLY sell your items to someone with their own high Heat. If you are wary of someone ask for a postal money order. Paypal tends to give refunds to the buyer over the seller.

There are probably scammers lurking about. ONLY sell your items to someone with their own high Heat. If you are wary of someone ask for a postal money order. Paypal tends to give refunds to the buyer over the seller.

Noted, thank you sir.

Shipping first should not be necessary because Paypal sides with the buyer. Thus, a buyer with good heat could take a chance since he/she will be protected in the event the sale goes bad.

Shipping first should not be necessary because Paypal sides with the buyer. Thus, a buyer with good heat could take a chance since he/she will be protected in the event the sale goes bad.

Yes, but even that takes time. It takes on average 10 to 12 days after escalating to a claim, then the process of back and forth. Sure you'll be made whole by PayPal eventually , but who wants to wait up to 2 full weeks for a refund when things go south, esp. when the seller just doesn't respond.

Everyone has their own trading rules they follow in order to conduct a solid end-to-end trade, and some people exist to take advantage of others.

OP, GLWS when you post your thread.

Thanks guys, true enough people have all their own guidelines when they buy online. I've decided to try locally for a little bit first, but it's just a constant crap storm oh lowballers. We shall see.

Back