Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard - $35 shipped via Newegg

Z(+)DIAC

2[H]4U
DEAL IS BACK...BUT CURRENTLY OOS!!!

Greetings Fellow Hardforum Members,

Not sure how many of you have had Saitek product, particularly their keyboards, but I cannot speak more than highly for their quality and longevity. I"m actually typing from my Saitek Eclipse I right now!!!

Newegg is selling the Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard for $44.99 - $10 off promotion code (PK024710) making it $35.99 shipped (some states may need to pay tax)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-SlickDeals&cm_mmc=AFC-SlickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16823175001

Next cheapest from dependable retailers looks to be Amazon @ 44.99 shipped

Couple of Reviews:

http://hardware.gotfrag.com/portal/story/34750/

http://techgage.com/article/saitek_eclipse_ii_illuminated_keyboard/

Edit: Looks Like It Made it to the Frontpage of SD...better nab one :)

Last edited:
i highly recommend this, got mine for about 50 a couple months back and couldn't be happier. I finally got the eclipse II after owning an eclipse I since 2006.

solid, sturdy, relatively quiet (non clicky) keyboard with cool backlights.

two thumbs up

But the keys rub off... that's damn annoying.

I have been using my Saitek II now for since it was introduced (two years?) and have not experienced any degradation of the keys. I game almost every day and compose a couple of Office documents a week to offer an idea of my typical usage.

Good deal.

But the keys rub off... that's damn annoying.

Three keys on mine cracked too. That was the Eclipse I, but they use the same keys.

And it's not like I'm a gorilla pounding on the keyboard, they cracked under normal use.

Been using the Eclipse II for about 1 year. Got it from the Egg on promo for same price ($35)

I love it. Nice feel. Weighted base keeps it in place. I haven't seen ANY wear on the keys, except the space bar.

For this price I think I'll grab a spare. :D

<EDIT> Then again... maybe I won't. OOS as of 9:14am EST :(

I have only had my Eclipse I for about 3 months and I am seeing pretty bad fading on the WASD keys :D. Everything else looks fine, it only cost me 20 bucks so I am not too worried but I probably wont buy Saitek again, I really liked it at first but I beginning to question the over quality of the product.

My eclipse 1 wasd keys were fading bad so i sent saitek an email complaining about how their supposed laser etching was fading and they admitted that the first version was flawed and sent me replacement keys free of charge within a couple of days. Great service imo

Yeah, my WASD keys wore off too, so I replaced it with a Razer keyboard.

Now those wore off too :(

I have a refurb I got from Frys for $20. It has a good feel to it. My only complaint is that it sometimes doesn't register a keystroke but that is probably due to the fact it is a refurb. I wonder if Saitek would help me out on that or not?

Anyway, for $35 new, I would highly recommend it.

I had a 1st gen Eclipse, LOVED that thing. Then I spilled beer on it and needed a keyboard asap so I ended up with my Lycosa as BB didn't have Saitek :-\ (do really like the Lycosa though, but considering it costs twice as much, it wasn't worth it)

As I expected, the keyboard went back in-stock late this afternoon for a short period of time. As with most of Newegg's products, items will be restocked sometimes everyday or every other day. I would suggest doing "Auto-Notify" via email to when it will be available again.

That's a pretty good price, but I would still stick to a Logitech G11, you can usually find them for around $40 shipped, the keys never wear off, well at least in my case, and I've had it for a couple of years and some other dude had it before me too.

I love my Saitek Eclipse II, but I will admit there are two keys where the black is wearing off, the L and M for me. Even so, I game a good bit and my wasd are fine. Solid keyboard, highly recommended :D

I have a refurb I got from Frys for $20. It has a good feel to it. My only complaint is that it sometimes doesn't register a keystroke but that is probably due to the fact it is a refurb. I wonder if Saitek would help me out on that or not?
I have the same problem with mine. First the S key and now several other keys don't work right. Get it serviced under warranty if that's available. The refubs only have 90 day warranties. I tried contacting them before my warranty expired and it took them 2 weeks to get back. Their phone customer service hours are ridiculously short and the email support is slow.

The new ones are probably fine, but i'd suggest avoiding the refurbs.

i dont understand why you guys need to look at the keys? are you 10!? hehehe i thought this was a diff version the cyborg one .. was going to buy it for my 3 year old as a upgrade from the g15 he uses now guess not..

I've got one that the keys have rubbed off on as well. It also irritates the hell out of me that every time you reboot, you have to reset the color...

Actually, I'm surprised more of you with "rubbing off of keys" don't just contact Saitek to get replacement keys. I know Logitech and MS are actually pretty good with this. I'd also suggest not using your keyboard after you've munched on greasy items, dipped your fingers into battery acid, or come in contact with other abrasive materials...

Clean regularly ;)

BACK IN STOCK & CODE STILL WORKS...GO! GO! GO!

;)

By the way, I got mine late last night and have to say, it's a huge improvement over Ver. 1 of this keyboard. It's probably one of the most solid keyboards I've dealt with, not to mention the lighting is 10x better than what I got out of Ver. 1

Thanks OP, in for one. had the first version for over 3 years and love it. time to replace it with newer version...

I have the saitek 2, I like the variable - multicolor backlight... the fact that you can adjust it really helps in low light environments. The keys show no sign of wearing and I couldn't be happier with it - it replaced a Logitech wireless duo keyboard that was spazzing on occasion (usually in raids, I'd have to pop the batteries or flex it really good to get it back operating normally)

I have the saitek 2, I like the variable - multicolor backlight... the fact that you can adjust it really helps in low light environments. The keys show no sign of wearing and I couldn't be happier with it

I agree 100%.

Thanks OP. I was set for "auto notify" but missed the email.

In for 1 :D

I bought one... Been thinking about a new keyboard to replace my logitech cheapie anyway... plus sometimes my wife complains about the clicking of my cheap one and everyone says the eclipse is pretty quite.

I wash my hands after i use my keyboard. After about 2 years of use, I've noticed my wasd and 1-6 keys wearing out. Its purely the paint job that isn't up to par. Also my 1 key is nearly gone, and only intermittently works when presses. Using a Microsoft and Logitech one from my work that are a decade old, they still keep on typing and the paint hasn't rubbed off.

But I'm still going to pick this one up to help a friend out. :D

I still have a Saitek Gamer and it has worked flawlessly with no wear for 5 years. Been wanting to upgrade to this for a while. Thanks OP

huh??? wth are you talking about, lol

Is color software selectable also?? I never even looked, lol.

Color software???? WTH are YOU talking about? Top right corner, circle, the left half of which is colored white. Press it. It changes the color of the backlight. I don't know what software you're talking about.

i previously owned the saitek eclipse I keyboard. loved it. then it broke sorta. every pc i try plugging it into causes the monitor to flicker on and off, doesnt recognize key strokes, spams the same letter.

i tried blowing it out with a car of air, no progress. personally dont really like the look of the eclipse II. the silver borders just bother me. and in my opinion, the cyborg is incredibly ugly.

ownership was about 6 months. called to warranty it. apparently madcatz (iirc) owns saitek now. couldn't get them to send me a replacement since i couldnt locate proof of purchase :(

stuck using some crappy wireless logitech. hate it. mostly because its white. and its too light. slides all over my tray. i went to bestbuy to look at keyboards, didnt have the g15 on display. tried some of the similar looking logi's, didnt like the feel of the keys. probably going to start looking for a new saitek I if i can find it.

totally fubar.

It also irritates the hell out of me that every time you reboot, you have to reset the color...
Color software???? WTH are YOU talking about? Top right corner, circle, the left half of which is colored white. Press it. It changes the color of the backlight. I don't know what software you're talking about.

I am very familiar with the color switch and brightness dial.

You said you have to change the color every time you reboot, so I assumed you were changing the colors within Windows, via software??? I guess not, which would explain why I was confused.

All I know is that, I change the color on mine (via the button on the keyboard) and it lights up that color every time I turn on the PC. It never changes unless I push the color button again. And then it lights that color every time I turn on the PC.

I am very familiar with the color switch and brightness dial.

You said you have to change the color every time you reboot, so I assumed you were changing the colors within Windows, via software??? I guess not, which would explain why I was confused.

All I know is that, I change the color on mine (via the button on the keyboard) and it lights up that color every time I turn on the PC. It never changes unless I push the color button again. And then it lights that color every time I turn on the PC.

I'm wondering if he cuts the power to his PC when he shuts down, some people still use those power distribution switch things. I could see the keyboard go back to default if it completely loses power.

Either that or his computer powers down the USB ports when he shuts down. I think most of us leave the wake on USB feature on so the USB ports are always powered up.

got mine yesterday, used it some last night and this morning, so far I love it.. the keyboard feels really sturdy and doesn't move while I'm typing at all.

Thanks OP for the link to the deal.

I've had one for two years and have had no issues. No wearing of keys or anything like that. Loved it. Too bad I missed out on this one as the fiance could use a keyboard for her gaming rig, as shes on some old ps2 keyboard that came with an old emachines lol.

And, if the keyboard loses power it ALWAYS resets back to blue. There were posts of this on Saitek's forums early on that explained it would do this, and I don't recall there being a fix. Also, a couple of the lights at the top (caps lock/num lock etc, I believe) are always blue no matter which color you want.

Back