Saints Row the Third: Ridiculous Gameplay Video

It looks like a lot of fun, I tried SR2 because Yahtzee gave it an uncharacteristically good review and it turned out to be a let down for me, there was some fun stuff but it got boring very fast, the graphics and polish on the PC didn't seem very good at all.

The PC version was actually unplayable for me due to graphics lag and hitching. I never bothered to try it on the consoles because shooters on consoles can go fuck a dick.

Eh, that video was of a game glitch not of actual game-play in normal environments. Oblivion is strange sometimes but for a game it's for the most part believable. One open world game I really liked was Just Cause II, it again is over the top but at least is really fun to play.

JC2 is pretty good its a shame it lacked co-op cause that game would have been amazing then

im going to see if that bug is still around in skyrim when ever i do finally get it.

crap -- this looks fun as hell.

I still have Saints Row 2 for my xbox, however I think I'll be getting it for PC this time around so I can make use of my new 6950 2GB Radeon card.

Between Forza 4, Battlefield 3, and Saints Row 3 - kinda makes me glad I don't have a girlfriend :)

Nice to see them pull away from the "its just another GTA clone" stigma.

They did that already with the second game. Also its really stupid to call these games GTA clones. It's a genre in and of itself now. They are no more clones of GTA than Hard Reset is a clone of Wolfenstien 3D.

For what it is worth, it seems they've learned their lesson. SR2 was a pretty fun game with a lot of limitations, especially being a really poor PC port - to the point it didn't get the DLC that the consoles did! This time around, the PC versions is being designed from the ground up and includes Eyefinity support - they're going to make sure that all the content is available on PC and that the PC version is well supported.

IDK, tempted to pick it up on 360 because the PC port ran like utter crap for me.

Looks like a lot of fun! Co-op sandboxes are rare, so it's nice to see one put out once in a while.

I wasn't a fan of the second game for the reasons a lot of people are mentioning in here - it was an awfu port on the PC, but the third looks epic, I cannot wait for it! It's right up there with BF3 in terms of my anticipation!

They patched up the second game just fine. A long time ago. Yes, it streeted in disasterous shape and then it got fixed up.

You all should be able to play it now with no issues. Especially with some of the cool mods. It's cheap, fun, and has tons of hours worth of gameplay to warm you up for part 3. Highly recommended.

They patched up the second game just fine. A long time ago. Yes, it streeted in disasterous shape and then it got fixed up.

You all should be able to play it now with no issues. Especially with some of the cool mods. It's cheap, fun, and has tons of hours worth of gameplay to warm you up for part 3. Highly recommended.

Any suggestions for mods? I'd especially like to find if someone modded in the DLC that was exclusive to the console versions.

I'm in for PC. GTA just got way too serious for me. Sandbox games should be fun and encourage the player to do random crazy crap.

Can't wait to play this game! I still break out SR2 every now and then - most fun you can have in any game of this type. :D

anyone else get this?
eZmUx.jpg

downloading on steam now

I have the second, just could not get into, the graphics were too ugly. Looking forward to this though

Amazon PC download is far and away the cheapest deal I've seen for this.

This is a Steamworks game right? So...how's that going to work exactly?

yeah even though I have tons of games to play (okay only BF3 and Forza 4) those are games that are quite involved and lengthy ... adding SR3 on top means i have a good year's worth of game time ahead of me!

Will probably pre-order thru THQ to get the most "free" stuff possible -- if it's just a steamworks code that's even better because I <3 STEAM. Anyone know for sure?

yeah even though I have tons of games to play (okay only BF3 and Forza 4) those are games that are quite involved and lengthy ... adding SR3 on top means i have a good year's worth of game time ahead of me!

Will probably pre-order thru THQ to get the most "free" stuff possible -- if it's just a steamworks code that's even better because I <3 STEAM. Anyone know for sure?

I'm about 98 percent certain. ;)

What are you seeing from THQ that makes that preorder from them appealing?

For $50, the only difference I see from them is this:
A Season Pass that includes three downloadable mission packs.

Still not convinced? For a limited time, U.S. and Canada customers who purchase Saints Row: The Third on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC platforms from the THQ Online Store will also receive the Saints Row Season Pass and FREE SHIPPING*! The Saints Row Season Pass includes three downloadable mission packs valued at more than $20. It&#8217;s all the Saints Row you can handle!

That's potentially compelling.

Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pre-Order Pack

^^ All the outlets have this for preorders.

Last edited:
LOL Can't wait for this.. the game looks amazing and that human cannon is the shit

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back