Sager VS. Dell

TSS Modder said:
dont you mean youd never touch another dell again? :confused:

No, I mean exactly what I said. I had a sager do just that. Then the HD died, then the LCD.

things that ALL dells are missing

Webcam (this is important to some people, more girls than guys ive noticed)<---you can add one later and take it on and off (saves weight)
6in1 card reader (no dell has this, dell only has SD)<--i said that already but get 25 bucks and you can have a portable one ...no biggies
Dual HDD's (no dell can compare)<---you can always get one big hard drive if you need that much storage
Dual HDD's in Raid (dell can bow down now)<---can you say no battery life !
4 Ram slots taking DDR2 Ram (Dell and ram dont mix)<--sucks dell cant get more than 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm :p
Dual DVDRW or any ODD (no dell has dual, you can rip 2 diffrent DVD's to 2 HDD therefore increasing productivity :D)<---dag i dont even do that on my home dest top since i can olny rip one movie at a time i mean do i really need 3 copies of the same movie(original and 2 copies?)
P4 Vs PM (this is a DTR so if you are doing anything encoding or rendering related a P4 is actually better than a A64 which is WAY better than a PM)<--yes and No
TV Tuner (i dont think dell has the option i maybe wrong)<--yes they do Single Channel USB2.0 TV Tuner with remote for Windows XP Media Center 2005
USB Ports (Dell wins here 6 vs 4)<--more usefull to me
Firewire (Sager wins here 2 vs 1)only thing i have that uses fire wire much is mY portable HD and my cam corder and i never have them both running at one time even if i did my Hd runs off of usb as well.
weight (Dell obviously wins here)
Sound, never heard either but i can tell you they both suck, laptops just really blow chunks in general in the sound category. but thats why you have a good pair of headphones. i never compare sound between laptops, its like trying to say which has more horsepower? a tricycle or a unicycle?

the sager is WAY more powerful, <--not really
as games isn't the only thing that laptops can do,
desktop are still better at games anyways.<---but the xps comes very very close to beating lots of desk tops right now.

Well, I made my decision... I really wanted to try a Sager, but my main concerns were not gaming :( I know. But anyways, I did not really need a webcam, but I will miss perhaps the feature of having a disk drive and a cd/dvd drive at the same time, and the playback control bottons on the write edge.

Anyways, I got a Latitude D810,

Pentium-M 740 1.73GHz CPU
X300 64MB video
7200 RPM 60 gig drive
24x CD/DVD combo drive
512MB RAM
Intel Pro 2200 wireless
9 Cell 80-WHr battery
XP Pro
3 year onsite service warranty

*Sales Tax: $108.48

Shipping and/or Handling: $0.00

Product Sub Total : $1,808.00
Total Order Amount: $1,916.48

Youch! I think I paid too much? The 7200RPM 60 gig drive, 9 cell battery and 3 year onsite business (accidental breakage coverage) warranty kinda bumped it up a bit. But hopefully it will load some stuff up fast. And it won't come until on or before damned April 14th :(

FYI you can save a few hundred bucks using these cupon codes that expire today (online sales only)
if you need to cancel you recent purchase you can with no penalties and reorder the note book and use these code to save 400-600 bucks

Coupon code: ?17PFPC4T8?RBQ Save $400 off purchases $1299+ of select Inspiron notebooks.
Expires: 3000 uses or 3-31-05

Coupon code: 1$2J383DTH0BLR Save $600 off purchases $1699+ of select Inspiron notebooks.
Expires: 3000 uses or 3-31-05

to cancel your current order call 800-917-3355, extension 43784

or you can do it on there online forums you just need your order #
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=cc_cancellations

here is what i built for you with everything you wanted including 3 year waranty and accidental damage only thing smaller is the hard drive its a 60 not 70GB but 7200 rpm one thow too

Inspiron 9300 with the $600 cupon code saving =$2,254.00 -600=$1,654.00 +tax

Inspiron 9300 Intel® Pentium® M 730 Processor (1.60GHz/533MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition WHXP
Display 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen XGA+ Display 17XGA
Memory FREE Upgrade! 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm 512MB2P
Video Card 64MB ATIs™ Mobility Radeon™ X300 64ATI
Hard Drive 60GB 7200rpm Hard Drive 60GB72
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem INTNIC
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0 ADOBER
CD/DVD Drives 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive 24COMBO
Wireless Networking Cards Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)
Bundled Software Productivity Pack including WordPerfect®
Security Software No Security Subscription NS
Digital Music Dell Jukebox - easy-to-use music player and CD burning software
Primary Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr)
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 3Yr Ltd Warr,At-Home Service,and Tech Support plus Nights and Weekends SQ3OS
CompleteCare Accidental Damage (except NY and FL) Add CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service to 3Yr Lim Warranty
Internet Access: Dial-Up 6 Months of America Online Membership Included AOLDHS
Digital Imaging Photo Album™ SE Basic
Financial Software No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial

and again if after 21 days your not happy send it back for a full refund .

Yeah those are Inspirons though... I wanted the Latitude series.

I had originally wanted to go with an Inspiron, but a friend told me to go with at least the Latitude. He told me that the Inspirons were "junk", made with cheap parts. The sales rep said it too, not sure if they were just trying to boost sales, but they said that the materials built are a bit more solid and durable for the Latitude series. Note the sales rep said this without me mentioning my friend, so I would count it as two reports. Though, I probably could have gone with the Inspiron, but I wanted a little bit more.

MooCow said:

I had originally wanted to go with an Inspiron, but a friend told me to go with at least the Latitude. He told me that the Inspirons were "junk", made with cheap parts. The sales rep said it too, not sure if they were just trying to boost sales, but they said that the materials built are a bit more solid and durable for the Latitude series. Note the sales rep said this without me mentioning my friend, so I would count it as two reports. Though, I probably could have gone with the Inspiron, but I wanted a little bit more.

I'll tell you right now, the D810 is, with the exception of a few cosmetic pieces, built exactly like the Inspiron 8600. There's nothing inherently better in their construction either. The D810 does have a COM and LPT port on the back where the 8600 just has video. Latitudes also get the better tech support line where you'll get somebody that speaks ENGLISH! I have not noticed any difference in the materials in the i8600 or the D810. Though I just noticed the 8600 is no longer available.

MooCow said:

They are the same laptop, with the exception possibly of color / chromed power buttons / etc. :)

lopoetve said:
No, I mean exactly what I said. I had a sager do just that. Then the HD died, then the LCD.
ah gotcha. sorry to hear that. i had the hdd die in my lappy. not very fun. fortunately, i back up :D

TSS Modder said:
ah gotcha. sorry to hear that. i had the hdd die in my lappy. not very fun. fortunately, i back up :D

Same. almost every laptop I've owned has that happen at one time or another :(

Webcam (this is important to some people, more girls than guys ive noticed)<---you can add one later and take it on and off (saves weight)<-- saves weight? look at the webcam on the sagers LOL its built into the LCD

6in1 card reader (no dell has this, dell only has SD)<--i said that already but get 25 bucks and you can have a portable one ...no biggies < --- more stuff to carry? an $899 laptop already has a 6in1, why are you losing features for nothing?

Dual HDD's (no dell can compare)<---you can always get one big hard drive if you need that much storage 2 HDD's is faster than 1 for video encoding apps, external HDD's do not have high burst speeds, it can only go as fast as the USB-->IDE card its interfacing with
Dual HDD's in Raid (dell can bow down now)<---can you say no battery life ! --> DTR's dont have good battery life anyways

4 Ram slots taking DDR2 Ram (Dell and ram dont mix)<--sucks dell cant get more than 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm :p <-- you want to pay $1700CDN for 1.5GB of ram?

Dual DVDRW or any ODD (no dell has dual, you can rip 2 diffrent DVD's to 2 HDD therefore increasing productivity :D)<---dag i dont even do that on my home dest top since i can olny rip one movie at a time i mean do i really need 3 copies of the same movie(original and 2 copies?) i can decrypt 2 diffrent DVD to 2 Diffrent HDD's, the sager is perfect for that, you can burn 2 diffrent CDR/DVDrs are the same time from 2 diffrent HDD's effectively doubleing efficency and cutting time in half. and maybe not EVERYONE needs this but alot of ppl do

TV Tuner (i dont think dell has the option i maybe wrong)<--yes they do Single Channel USB2.0 TV Tuner with remote for Windows XP Media Center 2005 <-- LMAO! anylaptop can have a USB TV Tuner, an ATi Tuner can be had for less than $50USD

USB Ports (Dell wins here 6 vs 4)<--more usefull to me <-- me too

Firewire (Sager wins here 2 vs 1)only thing i have that uses fire wire much is mY portable HD and my cam corder and i never have them both running at one time even if i did my Hd runs off of usb as well.<-- you can network with FW faster than 100 lan and its plug and play, no need for cross over, so .......

Sound, never heard either but i can tell you they both suck, laptops just really blow chunks in general in the sound category. but thats why you have a good pair of headphones. i never compare sound between laptops, its like trying to say which has more horsepower? a tricycle or a unicycle?

as games isn't the only thing that laptops can do, <-- configuration wise since its a BAREBONE, and the dell is faster at games LOL

desktop are still better at games anyways.<---but the xps comes very very close to beating lots of desk tops right now. <-- not for the price, you can get an X850XTPE for the price of the sager/dell

lopoetve said:
They are the same laptop, with the exception possibly of color / chromed power buttons / etc. :)

and LEDS!!!!!!! we all know LEDs make laptops go faster, just like cars LOL

DTR's can have good battery

FW Networking isn't always plug and play... :(

I thought we were talking about something more powerful than the base $899 sager... :confused:

lopoetve said:
DTR's can have good battery

FW Networking isn't always plug and play... :(

I thought we were talking about something more powerful than the base $899 sager... :confused:

yeah it is, with windows xp it is, you plug it in, windows usually assigns an auto IP if not just throw one in yourself and you are good to go

klowngoblin said:
yeah it is, with windows xp it is, you plug it in, windows usually assigns an auto IP if not just throw one in yourself and you are good to go

Still doesn't work on a couple of firewire cards I have.

lopoetve said:
Still doesn't work on a couple of firewire cards I have.

hmm, i haven't really tested it with a pci card, ive only dont laptop to laptop (4-4pin) and laptop to desktop 4-6pin but the desktop had FW onboard.

Typing this from a Dell 9300. I can say this laptop is excellent in every regard except the fact that it lacks a middle mouse button. Screen picture is great, heat dissapation is great, battery life is about 3 hours and performance is amazing. The P4 in that sager would be blown away by a P4-M 2.0GHz and you'd have less heat coming out not to mention better battery life.

MooCow said:

Dang wish I got on last night. The Precision M70 just had a 35% coupoin bringing it down to the same price as your D810. The M70 is the same as the D810 except faster GPU and free port replicator.

Stinger836 said:
Typing this from a Dell 9300. I can say this laptop is excellent in every regard except the fact that it lacks a middle mouse button. Screen picture is great, heat dissapation is great, battery life is about 3 hours and performance is amazing. The P4 in that sager would be blown away by a PM 2.0GHz and you'd have less heat coming out not to mention better battery life.

Fixed, the Pentium M has little to no relation to the P4 or P4m. The PM is based off the Tualatin Pentium 3s that could run with just passive cooling and were faster clock for clock than Wilamette P4s.

Mr_Evil said:
I'll tell you right now, the D810 is, with the exception of a few cosmetic pieces, built exactly like the Inspiron 8600. There's nothing inherently better in their construction either. The D810 does have a COM and LPT port on the back where the 8600 just has video. Latitudes also get the better tech support line where you'll get somebody that speaks ENGLISH! I have not noticed any difference in the materials in the i8600 or the D810. Though I just noticed the 8600 is no longer available.

8600 and D800 were similar but not the same. Did the 8600 have a smartcard reader? Gigabit ethernet? I think not. Also the D800 had an incredibly sturdy LCD cover. But they both have the same bad keyboards.

However the D810 is not your fathers D800/i8600. The interenals are all different as it is a sonoma/alviso laptop with dual DDR2, PCIe graphics and PCIe Gig ethernet.

trikster2 said:
8600 and D800 were similar but not the same. Did the 8600 have a smartcard reader? Gigabit ethernet? I think not. Also the D800 had an incredibly sturdy LCD cover. But they both have the same bad keyboards.

However the D810 is not your fathers D800/i8600. The interenals are all different as it is a sonoma/alviso laptop with dual DDR2, PCIe graphics and PCIe Gig ethernet.

The external casing is the same, there were spots on the 8600 chassis for all of those things you mentioned, htey were just not included.

trikster2 said:

I am a Dell field technician I've worked on both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you now there is little to no difference between the two models (apart from the Smartcard, gig Enet and the legacy ports on the back). Yes, the 810's motherboard is quite different, but the chassis is the same. I've replaced screens in both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you right now that the Latitude's LCD cover isn't any more sturdy than the Inspiron's.

Mr_Evil said:
I am a Dell field technician I've worked on both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you now there is little to no difference between the two models (apart from the Smartcard, gig Enet and the legacy ports on the back). Yes, the 810's motherboard is quite different, but the chassis is the same. I've replaced screens in both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you right now that the Latitude's LCD cover isn't any more sturdy than the Inspiron's.

Mr_Evil (cute name for a dell tech) I am not disagreeing with you on the similarities between the D800 and i8600 chasis. I own a D800 and made comments on that, but honestly I have never seen an inspiron 8600. I thought I had read that the 8600 has flimsy LCD cover, but If the 8600 is based on the D800 and has a rock solid lid, great, the D800 has been an incredible piece of hardware taking fairly rough handling over the past year or two.

But you said "'ll tell you right now, the D810 is, with the exception of a few cosmetic pieces, built exactly like the Inspiron 8600. T" and "Yes, the 810's motherboard is quite different, but the chassis is the same."

And it's not. The D810 chasis is different and the motherboard is different. Now I don't own a D810 (but I have ordered the similar M70), so I can only rely on what I read on the net. I've made a personal (where it counts) buying decsision based on my D800 experience and what I have read about the D810/M70 updates, so please enlighten us if CNET is misleading me ( (would not be the first time!) regarding construction improvements, especially any keyboard/chasis improvements.

Ref:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Latitude_D810/4512-3121_7-31268760.html

"One of three Dell business laptops recently refreshed inside and out, the Latitude D810 is a desktop replacement for employees who don't require a highly portable system. It comes equipped with Intel's new Sonoma platform, a high-end graphics card, and a few design enhancements, including a reinforced frame. .

The Latitude D810's design tweaks are subtle, and the system doesn't look much different from the old Latitude D800. At 1.7 inches thick, 14.2 inches wide, and 10.3 inches deep, the Latitude D810 is slightly wider and shallower than the D800. Dell trimmed the system's weight: the Latitude D810 weighs 7 pounds (or 8.2 pounds with the three-pronged AC adapter)--a bit lighter than the typical desktop replacement, though you'll still want to think twice before slinging it over your shoulder for a long haul. The case is still constructed of stately silver magnesium alloy, appropriate for corporate environments.

Similar to the new thin-and-light Latitude D610, the Latitude D810 has a reinforced keyboard, lid, and internal frame that are noticeably firmer (read: less likely to break) than those of the previous model.

Yeah CNET smells like yuppie family stuffs.... but anyways I hope the D810 was a better buy. I priced it out w/ the higher end Inspirons and I would have spent just the same or a bit more if I went w/ the other one. Either way I should be happy w/ this lappy. I will still want to check out Sager in the future, however. Thanks for the pointers guys!

klowngoblin said:

Webcam (this is important to some people, more girls than guys ive noticed)<---you can add one later and take it on and off (saves weight)<-- saves weight? look at the webcam on the sagers LOL its built into the LCD<--yes saves weight since most really dont need it and atthe weight the sager is they should look into making it portable not a big weight to carry along i do my work outs in thegym not from my house to the job.

6in1 card reader (no dell has this, dell only has SD)<--i said that already but get 25 bucks and you can have a portable one ...no biggies < --- more stuff to carry? an $899 laptop already has a 6in1, why are you losing features for nothing?opps sorry a 6 in 1 is down to 9 bucks now again helps in making a slimer lighter note book .

Dual HDD's (no dell can compare)<---you can always get one big hard drive if you need that much storage 2 HDD's is faster than 1 for video encoding apps, external HDD's do not have high burst speeds, it can only go as fast as the USB-->IDE card its interfacing with
Dual HDD's in Raid (dell can bow down now)<---can you say no battery life ! --> DTR's dont have good battery life anyways<--again more weight and do you really need raid in a laptop ?? i dont!

4 Ram slots taking DDR2 Ram (Dell and ram dont mix)<--sucks dell cant get more than 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm :p <-- you want to pay $1700CDN for 1.5GB of ram?nope guess ill pay 700 from dell.

Dual DVDRW or any ODD (no dell has dual, you can rip 2 diffrent DVD's to 2 HDD therefore increasing productivity :D)<---dag i dont even do that on my home dest top since i can olny rip one movie at a time i mean do i really need 3 copies of the same movie(original and 2 copies?) i can decrypt 2 diffrent DVD to 2 Diffrent HDD's, the sager is perfect for that, you can burn 2 diffrent CDR/DVDrs are the same time from 2 diffrent HDD's effectively doubleing efficency and cutting time in half. and maybe not EVERYONE needs this but alot of ppl do<--ok that would be great if thats what i want a laptop for as a main computer but again do i need the extra weight to lug around on a laptop?

TV Tuner (i dont think dell has the option i maybe wrong)<--yes they do Single Channel USB2.0 TV Tuner with remote for Windows XP Media Center 2005 <-- LMAO! anylaptop can have a USB TV Tuner, an ATi Tuner can be had for less than $50USD..<----exactly anylaptop can have a USB TV Tuner

USB Ports (Dell wins here 6 vs 4)<--more usefull to me <-- me too

Firewire (Sager wins here 2 vs 1)only thing i have that uses fire wire much is mY portable HD and my cam corder and i never have them both running at one time even if i did my Hd runs off of usb as well.<-- you can network with FW faster than 100 lan and its plug and play, no need for cross over, so .......<--so what ?? they have a firewire yourpoint was ?

as games isn't the only thing that laptops can do, <-- configuration wise since its a BAREBONE, and the dell is faster at games LOL<--and what i want an out dated cpu that runs hotter for what ? to burn my lap and have less battery life?

desktop are still better at games anyways.<---but the xps comes very very close to beating lots of desk tops right now. <-- not for the price, you can get an X850XTPE for the price of the sager/dell<--sure it can !

look at what ive started. muwahahaha!
to get back on topic...i most likely will be getting the XPS2. im gonna have to wait for about 3-4 months before i can purchase one though(itll take me that long to save the money to pay straight cash).
i also have another question about buying the XPS2. im new to the whole credit thing(19years old) and i was wondering if by financing a dell means they charge interest. when i customize the XPS2 it says that i can make payments of $94/month and i was wondering if dell tacks on interest too. it would suck to order a dell and get done paying for it about 3-4 years later and realize that i paid about $1200 more because of the interest.
the only reason that i would do the payment plan is to build up my credit.

DirtyApe said:
look at what ive started. muwahahaha!
to get back on topic...i most likely will be getting the XPS2. im gonna have to wait for about 3-4 months before i can purchase one though(itll take me that long to save the money to pay straight cash).
i also have another question about buying the XPS2. im new to the whole credit thing(19years old) and i was wondering if by financing a dell means they charge interest. when i customize the XPS2 it says that i can make payments of $94/month and i was wondering if dell tacks on interest too. it would suck to order a dell and get done paying for it about 3-4 years later and realize that i paid about $1200 more because of the interest.
the only reason that i would do the payment plan is to build up my credit.

All qualifying purchases between March 29, 2005 and May 31, 2005. must be paid in full by January 1, 2006 or accrued interest will be assessed. Interest accrues from the date of purchase and will be charged to your account if you do not pay your plan balance in full by January 1, 2006. Customers not eligible for No Interest Until 2006 may be offered standard financing. Specific rates and plan features vary for each customer, depending on creditworthiness.

Interest accrues during the promotional period, and will be added to your account if balance not paid by January 1, 2006. Minimum monthly payments are required. For accounts not paid in full by January 1, 2006, account balance and new purchases will be subject to the Standard Rate (15.49% - 17.49% variable APR, as of February 23, 2005, depending on creditworthiness).

The Dell Preferred Account is offered by CIT Bank to qualified U.S. residents with approved credit. Creditworthiness determined by lender. Taxes, fees and shipping charges are extra, and vary. Minimum monthly payment of $15 or 3% of account balance, whichever is greater.

Mr_Evil said:
I am a Dell field technician I've worked on both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you now there is little to no difference between the two models ... but the chassis is the same. I've replaced screens in both D800s and i8600s and I'll tell you right now that the Latitude's LCD cover isn't any more sturdy than the Inspiron's.

Ok I thought I had read this somewhere. Getting old so when my memory actually works I have thave tell someone about it.

I thought the D800 LCD cover was different from the 8600 cover because this guy so thinks there is a difference that he fitted his 8600 with the D800 LCD/ D800 palmrest to make it sturdier:

http://spiike.shadowdragon.net/chassis stage one.htm

Hey Mr_Evil are the lattitude/precissions serviced by a different support org than the home/inspiron lines? My techs at work are pretty happy with dell support but all you read about online are indian horror translingual stories.....

Trikster...Latitude and Precision get upper class tech support. Inspirons always seem to get India (even when I call them...though that'll get fixed come Monday.) The guy on that link you posted is an idiot. He spent $71.00 for nothing. I've had both 8600s and D800s taken COMPLETELY apart and aside from using different mainboards their plastics are only different cosmetically, they aren't sturdier, they aren't better built. They're both good Laptops though. Secondly, I worked on an M70 last week. There's some difference from the D800, but not enough to warrant Dell putting new service manuals up on the DCSE site. I'll tell you one thing though, the M70's LCD Bezel is a FUCKER to remove, I ended up breaking the customer's original, aparrently Dell knows about it and sent a replacement along with the new panel. The outer casing is also NOT made of magnesium as far as I can tell. The motherboard comes on a frame that Definitely is made of some manner of metal, but the outer casings are still just good 'ol plastics. I think the whole Latitudes are made with magnesium casings myth has been around since the C Series, I've taken apart PLENTY of those (from the C400, which actually has a magnesium base, on up to the C840) and they use plastic....just like their Inspiron counterparts. There's always the chance I could be wrong though, I'm not paid by the hour so I don't have time to sit back and examine every facet of the construction of these Laptops. I want em torn down and back together in under an hour.

Ok well I got my Dell D810 and its alright so far except:

There is no scroll wheel built-in next to the touch pad :( I didn't know how it would be like without one, but now I know... I really really want this feature, but I don't want to have to spend more ass loads of fucking money on the XPS line just to get this simple feature :mad: Why doesn't Dell have scroll wheels or sliders near the touchpads on lower end models? And the D810 isn't really the cheapest line of laptops! What the hell... I didn't know it would bother me this much but I find it a pain in the ass to use the touchpad to begin with. And I don't want to plug in an external mouse either, cause thats only adding more accessories and bulk that I won't always be able to lug around. I can still take this back... what should I do guys? :(

MooCow said:
Ok well I got my Dell D810 and its alright so far except:

There is no scroll wheel built-in next to the touch pad :(
I really really want this feature, but I don't want to have to spend more ass loads of fucking money on the XPS line just to get this simple feature :mad: Why doesn't Dell have scroll wheels or sliders near the touchpads on lower end models? And the D810 isn't really the cheapest line of laptops! What the hell... I didn't know it would bother me this much but I find it a pain in the ass to use the touchpad to begin with. And I don't want to plug in an external mouse either, cause thats only adding more accessories and bulk that I won't always be able to lug around. I can still take this back... what should I do guys? :(

Take it back if you are unhappy! It's your $$$$

Did not know the XPS-2 had a separate slider? Or do you mean on the actual touchpad, isn't that just a driver thing?

Also do you use your pointing stick? No I I don't either... EXCEPT you can configure it in the ctrl pannel mouse settings to only scroll. So you don't have a scroll wheel, you have a scroll stick. Works pretty good, not a wheel exactly but not many laptops have actual wheels

> Dual HDD's (no dell can compare)

My M70 had the option for a second internal harddrive using the "dbay". Unfortunately the biggest one they have is 40 gb and if I use the hard drive I can't use the optical drive! Might be a good option for traveling though, just use DVD shrink to put all my movies and other entertainment on the removable hard drive. Leave that at home when working, don't have to worry about personal stuff mixing with work stuf....

Course dell wants $300.... For a 40gb hard drive! Wow.

$300 for 40gigs... yeah that can hurt for some people's budgets :(

Anyways, now that I'm using this laptop, I feel like getting all the bells and whistles... I had no idea how great lappys can be... My friend has the Dell M60 w/ a gig of ram, a bunch of upgrades, but a nice LCD. I got the cheapest LCD and I can definatly tell the difference. Now I WANT THAT LCD!!! LOL ... holy shit this is gonna cost me a big buck but I might go for it... very tempting to exchange for an XPS or something... holy shit this is like a new drug to me.

MooCow said:
$300 for 40gigs... yeah that can hurt for some people's budgets :(

Anyways, now that I'm using this laptop, I feel like getting all the bells and whistles... I had no idea how great lappys can be... My friend has the Dell M60 w/ a gig of ram, a bunch of upgrades, but a nice LCD. I got the cheapest LCD and I can definatly tell the difference. Now I WANT THAT LCD!!! LOL ... holy shit this is gonna cost me a big buck but I might go for it... very tempting to exchange for an XPS or something... holy shit this is like a new drug to me.

my xps 2 came yesterday andall i can say is i love it

i have the lg screen (i belive )and honestly i love the look and depth of the screen and the dag thing is as fast as my gaming desktop rig almost, i have to plug in an extrenal mouse as i need to have all the little extra buttons when i play CoH and UT2004 oh and did i say the gaming on it is great and so smooth :)and heat ..what heat is my question once again dell has made me happy also i ordered an i9300 withthe 6800Go vid card and basicly all the same fetures as my xps2 to see what if any differance i get in feel and quality andthe one i like least goes back ..one last thing i told you to get the other notebook ..but hey live and learn atleast you can send it back for a full refund. ;)

RanGer498 said:
my xps 2 came yesterday andall i can say is i love it

i have the lg screen (i belive )and honestly i love the look and depth of the screen and the dag thing is as fast as my gaming desktop rig almost, i have to plug in an extrenal mouse as i need to have all the little extra buttons when i play CoH and UT2004 oh and did i say the gaming on it is great and so smooth :)and heat ..what heat is my question once again dell has made me happy also i ordered an i9300 withthe 6800Go vid card and basicly all the same fetures as my xps2 to see what if any differance i get in feel and quality andthe one i like least goes back ..one last thing i told you to get the other notebook ..but hey live and learn atleast you can send it back for a full refund. ;)
Looking forward to that XPS2 - 9300 comparison!

trikster: You should be able to find the empty DBay Hard Drive modules on eBay and then pop in whatever 2.5" HDD you like for much less. I'm doing the same thing with my Inspiron 8200 so I got more strage space in the docking station.

Mr_Evil said:
trikster: You should be able to find the empty DBay Hard Drive modules on eBay and then pop in whatever 2.5" HDD you like for much less. I'm doing the same thing with my Inspiron 8200 so I got more strage space in the docking station.

Mr_Evil

Forgot the docking station supports a DBay. What interface is used for the DBay hard drive in the docking station? Is it IDE or USB?

If IDE, then move over Sager we have a new champ, Three IDE harddrives in the D series when used with docking station? Pretty slick.

Oh and a full height 1/2 length PCI card? Do sagers have a docking station that supports a PCI card?

Back