Sager 5793

I want to inquire about this laptop. I already know it is good, very good. What I am curious about is opinions, from people who OWN or have BEEN AROUND it.

I am going to be speccing it:
2.5ghz 6MB cache
8800M GTX 512mb card
4gb ram (2 without vista)
250gb 5400rpm hdd

My only concern is the noise level (of the fans). I have read up a on it and hear that they are rather loud, which poses a problem for me. This laptop will be used to game a fair bit, but as well as a school laptop for university, so I need to be able to bring it to classes and not cause a disruption.

Obviously when in class it will be in power saver mode, with the lowest settings, so my question is this: Is the fan really that loud, that it will distract people who are sitting beside or near me?

If you have any other comments about the laptop as well that would be appreciated. I currently have a dv9317ca from HP, but I have had to ship it in 4 times in the past year so am replacing it for this upcoming year of school.

I had also considered the Alienware Area-51 m15x, because it can be very quiet and has a long battery life. Any opinions on that laptop as well? I am not real keen on buying an AW because their support is terrible I hear.

I have one, and the fans aren't all that loud. The onboard speakers aren't all that loud, either. I use a headset, so the only downside I've found on the computer really doesn't affect me. It's fast, and much lighter than my old laptop.

I'm not real concerned about the speakers as it would always be plugged into my desktop speakers, or have headphones in it when im in class.

What I do want to ask is.. when on the lowest settings, and on power saver mode, doing only web browsing and typing/powerpoint viewing, with the fans set as low as they can go or on auto, would it distract someone sitting beside me, or is it just an audible air noise so they would get used to it?

I am really concerned about the noise level when bringing it to class, but other than that this laptop is exactly what I am looking for.

The fans are noticeable, but not much moreso than my wife's little HP laptop. I haven't ever put it on the lowest settings and the fans run pretty much all the time. IMHO, it won't bother anyone

Well I have just put in the order for it this afternoon, so I will let you know how accurate your opinion was! :D
thanks for the response

Back