• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Safe way to Test CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
2,732
I have a few Core i7 CPU I have received from a friend.

I can't build any systems for another 2 months, but I want to test the processors just to make sure they are in working order.

A simple boot into bios would be good enough I feel just to verify they work.

Will I need to install the heatsink each time to test each one or would a 1 min run time be safe without the heatsink ....

Don't want to damage the CPU with testing ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top