• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Safe VCore setting for a P4c?

BEGONE

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
113
I'm just wondering what I should set my Vcore at for my 2.6c (oc'ed to 3.1mhz) before it would start lowering my cpu's life considerably? Its currently set at 1.600
 
on a P4 i think the safe max was 1.7 or 1.75v you start going higher you could kill the thing.
 
1.725 with good air cooling (read thermalright or zalman 7000 series). 1.75 with watercooling. 1.8+ with phase change. If its a MO stepping, don;t be afraid to give it 1.75 or 1.8v on air. Thats because it is really a Gallatin core.
 
I would recommend keeping the vcore no more than 1.7 volts to be on the safe side.
 
Back
Top