Safe to run card without splitter?

LiquidX

2[H]4U
Well I got a XFX 7800GT, looks nice and flashy but it comes with a 4-Pin connector end instead of that black small six pin which my other GT's and GTX had. Moreover in the box XFX provided a connector for a 6 pin where as the card is sporting a molex connector. I dont have a splitter so I was wondering if its safe to run it on one molex end?

I don't mean to sound like a jackass, but...Can you reword the question so everybody...err..I....Can understand it....If what your saying is that your card has a four pin molex on it, and you want to run the molex from the power supply itself yes that's fine, but either way you hook it up it needs to be on it's own rail...Will draw diagram soon to show you what I'm talking about, have to go eat...Mom's calling me for dinner....

This is the card. See the molex end?
my.php

However it came with this connector....

When it should have came with this splitter.

I dont have an extra connector so my question is...can the card be used without one and can I just use a dedicated molex from my PSU and is it safe? I am guessing that splitter regulates the power to the card but I am not sure.

Back