• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Safe to remove noisy switch fan?

Guldan

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
113
I inherited a Dell 2724 gigabit switch and the fan is noisy as hell, I see no replacement 40mm fans around that have the same voltage/amperage.. I tried a few I had around and they didnt work (its 5v 0.24a)

I can't see this thing getting very hot, not a lot of traffic is flowing through it as it's a home network. Also being free if it did fry I wouldnt care too much.

What do you gents think?
 
I'd say it's safe to remove it in a home environment.

Well it's going to be in a small network closet in my garage, but should be fairly cool in there.

If it dies I'll just buy a better switch, it cost me nothing anyways
 
Back
Top