"safe" temps?

Karafias

Limp Gawd
have a xp-120 fan and a 1.8ghz venice, right now its 284 FSB @ 1.472v 55c. system temps are 50c. pretty stable but i was hoping for something higher. how far do i dare go? is 60c safe?

First off, you didn't say wheather that temp is under full load or idle. If that is your idle temp, then you may be approaching max temp when under load. If that is your temp under 100% full load, then you could afford to push it a little bit higher.

The venice core has a max temp of 65c, according to AMD spec sheets, but you may not want it to be in that temperature range on a permanent basis as it will likely reduce the lifetime of your processor.

Nearly all recent motherboards will automatically shut the computer down if the processor gets to warm, so if your computer shuts off when under load then you are likely exceeding the max temp.

Though you don't say, I'm assuming you're running at 284*9. 50C seems kind of high if those are idle temps, especially for an XP-120. What are your case temps like?

eh guess i should have gone into a bit more detail ;p

yes, its 284*9. 55 c @ full load 38 idle. system is 48 idle and 50c under load.

That still seems a bit high to me. But then again, it's been hot as hell in utah lately....decided to back my oc down a notch until i get the damn ac working.

BTW...are you in kanaraville?

Yeah, 55c under load is just on the edge of what I would call comfortable. I wouldnt push it much farther than that, since you want to leave yourself some headroom for extremly hot days.

Back