Safe temperature/voltage for X2 3800?

ER34

n00b
What do you guys recommend for a Athlon X2 3800?

I'm running at 2.8Ghz, 1.4V, temperature is right around 40C when prime-ing... is this safe? I can run up to 2.75Ghz with stock voltage of 1.35V, but just want to see how much more I can squeeze out of this thing.

I am using DFI Ultra-d and XP-120 cooler.

well i looked up my numbers on my 3800+x2 amd says

49-71c for temp
1.30-1.35 for volts

ER34 said:
What do you guys recommend for a Athlon X2 3800?

I'm running at 2.8Ghz, 1.4V, temperature is right around 40C when prime-ing... is this safe? I can run up to 2.75Ghz with stock voltage of 1.35V, but just want to see how much more I can squeeze out of this thing.

I am using DFI Ultra-d and XP-120 cooler.

Either you have someriously cool air in your house, get air from outside, or your temps are misreporting.....40c under load for air is not normal for most ambient living conditions....evn with a high end cooler....

At 2.6ghz and 1.43v, I get at best, 47c +/- 1c when I have my house as cool as I can stand it without putting winter jeans and sweatshirt on, and shoes... :p

You got a really nice OC out of that chip. My 3800X2 requires 1.58v to stabilize at 2.6... thank god for watercooling.

Either your temps are misreporting, or you got a really nice 3800. Im going to go with getting a luckey 3800, due to the amazing oc.

-Cameron

Insanely good temps, most of us see 10c higher (if that temp is even accurate).

ok i just didi mine in a 31.7c on water but i can only get 2.6 to boot and run prime
my ram is set on auto and its runnign 178.3 not 200 like its suppose to

my 3800= is a manchester core and my divider is set on X10

and the volts are stock settings i can turn them up to hit 2.7 but i lock up hard when my desktop comes up

Wow thanks for all the replies.. :eek:

Derrick70: Didn't touch the IHS. XP-120 w/ Panaflo fan + AS5.

Ambient temperature was around 18C when I tested. I'm really not sure how accurate those temperatures are, but when I up'd the voltage from stock 1.35V(which was stable up to 2.7Ghz), to 1.4V, the temperatures went up about 7C under load. From 2Ghz to 2.7Ghz, with the same voltage, the temperatures were pretty close, so I guess maybe it depends more on the voltage than actual frequency.

I guess I got lucky with this CPU as I simply random picked it amongst 5-6 different codes. :)

I will do more testing soon =) Thanks for the help guys.

your cpu must be newer than mine as my dose not say X2 on it :(
if you cut the ihs off you will get better load temps on the cpu. and it will help you push it.
im going to try to beat your 2.8 tho as i have found out what i was doing wrong.

Back