"safe" SoC voltage for Ryzen 3000?

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
So I know there's no such thing as "safe" anytime you're increasing voltage so I use that term loosely. But I was in the mood to do some more tweaking and I managed to get both my RAM and fclk to run at 1866mhz but I had to increase my SoC voltage from 1.1 to 1.2 to do it. Wondering if i'm "drastically" reducing the useful lifespan of the CPU with the 1/10th increase?

Well you always have a three year warranty.I say set what you want and do not worry about it.
Performance always degrades over time.I have a CPU that used to run @ 4700Mhz after years of use it now runs 4500Mhz with an increase in
cpu voltage,so fuck it go for it.

Even so what we have today may be obsolete next year with some crazy computing breakthrough.
In the end it is only a computer part which can be replaced at any time.

So I know there's no such thing as "safe" anytime you're increasing voltage so I use that term loosely. But I was in the mood to do some more tweaking and I managed to get both my RAM and fclk to run at 1866mhz but I had to increase my SoC voltage from 1.1 to 1.2 to do it. Wondering if i'm "drastically" reducing the useful lifespan of the CPU with the 1/10th increase?

Fwiw the SOC voltage range is 1.1v to 1.2v, so you are safe. There hasn't been any guidance on max SOC voltage fwiw.

1.2 should be fine, was listed as the highest voltage you should use with original Ryzen so I would assume that remains true.

I found that SOC 1.125v with LLC level 3, duty cycle 300 I think, and 120% TDP got me stable at fclk 1866 and memory 3733. I had it set at 1.100, but in BIOS and in Windows under load, it was reading at 1.087 or somewhere about that. Now it pretty much stays right at 1.1 or a little above. Ryzen DRAM calculator lists 1.125 as max recommended. RAM is the same way on my board. I have to set it to 1.45 to keep 1.44 under load and in BIOS it shows 1.448. Right now, I'm testing a little lower SOC to see if it can help keep the CPU from hitting TDP limits so quickly.

Last edited:
So far i'm prime and IBT stable at 1.2 with fclock/dram at 1866/3733. Interestingly enough, my negative offset of .05 on the CPU ended up not working at these fabric/dram speeds so I have that set back to auto. I just dropped to 1.175 and Cinebench R20 completed with my highest score yet (finally broke into the 7000s). At the defualt 1.1 SoC CB would lock up the computer about 5 seconds into it. Going to run a battery of tests now (IBT/Prime95) to ensure stability, then rinse/repeat at 1.15v SoC

Are you using P95 with AVX?

I'm running the latest version with AVX but i'm not running the Small FFT which destroys the CPU. I'm doing the large FFT since that puts a bigger stress on the subsystem i'm OCing (fabric/dram) vs the small FFT which pretty much contains all the number crunching data within the CPU's cache.

Back