Safe OC Voltages for A64

Dekar12

Gawd
Right now im running at 2.3ghz and 1.65volts.

I don't know if I should push it much further as far as volts go or settle for it being enough.

I am on air, and its reaching the low 50s as far as temp, but its 85F in my room for ambient.

What does everyone think as far as how much voltage these A64's will take?

i'm running 2.4ghz @ 1.6v with my 3000+

it wouldn't run prime95 stable at 2.5ghz even at 1.75v. If it could do 2.5ghz at 1.75v i would hahaha

but 1.65v is safe IMO. since athlonxps mostly run at 1.65v default vcore. HOwever, i do not know how SOI would come into play.

1.70 volts. As long as your cooler can handle the temps. Keeping the CPU under 55 deg [email protected] volts should be fine. I read an AMD tech doc for the Athon 64's somewhere and it said upto 15% overvoltage was OK.

I'm running at 2.3 @ 1.6V fine. I don't know how people can overclock more than ~300 mhz, I've had 3 AMD 64's and can't oc past this barrier!

I've had no problems running my A64 3000+ up to 1.85v. Although 1.7v seems to be about the sweet spot where extra voltage gives only minimumal return. Currently I'm at 1.76v for the last several months using watercooling. Your main concern is to make sure that you have good cooling and you should be fine with some extra voltage. I was only able to gain about 50mhz of stable OC from 1.7v to 1.8v. Of course TEC or phase change cooling might be a different story.

Thanks for the replies, I think i might try to push it to 1.7 in the near future and see if I can break into the 2.4ghz area.

But, if I cant I am more then happy with a stable 300mhz oc with this cpu.

Back