"Safe" HSF?

From what I've read, it seems that the best HSF's out there are the ones like the Swiftec and Zalman high-end offerings. The only problem is that moving your case once you have one of these bad boys installed is a tad dangerous.

I'm going to have to take my comp around fairly frequently, usually to the odd LAN, but also on a few cross-country plane flights, and would rather not have to remove the heatsink every time I do. Any suggestions for a heatsink that still gets the job done but won't break your mobo if moved?

As long as you dont drop your case, kick it around or play catch the case you should be fine. If you are transporting your computer, you should take a look inside anyways before you add power..........

just transport you casing laying on it's sides (the way you install your mobo). this is the safest way as the HSF 's weight is on the CPU.

yeah no worries if its on its side, ive driven over 10 hours in a car with my old A-XP and a SLK900 just fine, i did have a decent shim on it though, always good to have one just to be safe

i have the sp-94 on mine, and when i move it around, its always on its side (for example, when i put it in the card, its on its side), now, i have to ship it to another state, so im gonna have to take it off (along with drives and whatnot)

Back