Saddest iPhone 6 Story Ever

Not really sad so much as pathetic. He seriously thinks he can regain her affection with "Material objects"? Clearly doesn't know why his marriage failed. Here's a hint for the single who don't get it, "Money can't buy you love".

Well its either that or a diamond ring. :D:D

My dad's friend is a plastic surgeon and he works short hours four days a week and has two really nice houses... and an awesome trophy wife! Spends most of his time golfing. And I didn't say its everything, I just said that money is as important to women as youth/attractiveness is to men. There are as many men that will date a woman older than them that is considered less attractive than they are, as there are women that will date a guy that earns considerably less money than they do. :D Cmon, this is biology 101. Guys will make a TON of sacrifices in the overall package for a hot girl in her 20s, and gals will make a TON of sacrifices for a well off guy. Hell, want an obvious recent example? Ray Rice's wife, after being beaten and dragged around and kicked, had this to say:

Translation: "To take away the lucrative job from the meal-ticket man I'm invested in and that I've worked my ass off to snag is horrific and will ruin the quality of life I've become accustomed to and put me back in the poor house."

So yes, buying expensive gifts works on most women to get them back just as dolling yourself up in a skin tight dress and showing off the girls works at getting back a guy. 60% of the time, it works every time.

But in any case, I bet the breakup wasn't because he was too successful bringing home the bacon and wasn't around enough (which was my real point), but rather that he created insecurity in his household. He might have done so by placing too much emphasis on his friends making it clear they are more important to him, getting with another woman, not spending enough on her, or anything that would make her feel less secure about being well taken care of in the long term.

Anyone can claim they know someone or someone they know knows someone that does things a certain way in support of some invented argument. Anyway, who the crap are you quoting?

The one person that I do feel bad about would be the daughter. The dad failed her in more ways than one.

Pretty much this. She is the only one who didn't get a choice in who her parents were. So even "If" both parents are complete losers and deserve one another, she gets screwed for being "unlucky" enough to be their offspring.

Anyway, who the crap are you quoting?
Its all in the news. Ray Rice beat his wife on camera, got kicked out of the NFL (and NFL commissioner may end up getting fired). His wife got all pissed that the video of her husband beating her was released and came to his defense, and that was her quote, as she realized her meal ticket just went bye-bye.

Have to agree with everyone else here, if you have done many things over the years that made you a horrible father and husband to the point that your wife left you, I don't think buying her a phone is going to make up for that. It isn't like she couldn't have gotten one as it is, if he can buy one that means that they had the money to get one. Which means that there isn't a change in income for the family thus nothing has changed other than him spending money that could have been given to her in the divorce.

What a dumbass - its probably things like sitting in lines for 40 hours for a stupid phone that pissed her off. "where is my husband now?? oh right Iphone bullshit again..."

Dad of the year right there - just pissed away another 44 hours he could've spent with his family in line for a phone.

These apple sheeple are such a stupid breed.

Given that it sounds like she already left. Doesn't sound like staying home would have done any good as I didn't get the impression that she is there anymore.

The one person that I do feel bad about would be the daughter. The dad failed her in more ways than one.

Given that he was married for 20 years, hopefully the girl is in her late teens then and doesn't need her dad for anything other than some money to pay for college. That would be about the only plus here

Good luck with that line. Most girls living in a cramped small apartment with paper-thin walls and annoying ghetto neighbors eating poptarts and cold hotdogs every night watching basic cable on a old 14" CRT waking up early to get to a minimum wage job walking a 3/4 of a mile in the rain to a bus stop because she can't afford a car find that gets old pretty quick. They want peace of mind of financial security and to be taken care of.

That doesn't sound half as bad as some of the shit I went through. Imagine living in a house in the middle of winter with no electricity with a hole in your roof. Ah but that gas stove helped me survive it did.

Been there, done that, not impressed.

Its all in the news. Ray Rice beat his wife on camera, got kicked out of the NFL (and NFL commissioner may end up getting fired). His wife got all pissed that the video of her husband beating her was released and came to his defense, and that was her quote, as she realized her meal ticket just went bye-bye.

This is the first time I've heard about it. But whatever...has it crossed your mind that just because people fight doesn't mean they can't stand by one another too? I mean really, my family is constantly at each others' throats, but we still can all get together and hug the same pet cat together. I dunno any details about it, but I can't imagine that just because this guy is losing his job that it's such a big deal that he can't get another one. If she was really as worried about money as you think, she'd probably have left him or sued him or just found someone who has better earning potential (or all three of those things) by now.

If you think you can win affection and loyalty out of a female by purchasing her gifts. You are in for a surprise. And the majority of the time it seems to work? You're screwed anyway. You just don't know it yet.

Of course women find money attractive in a mate. But are men really that different? I would love it if my wife made as much or nearly as much as I do. It would save me money and make our lives easier.

I dunno any details about it, but I can't imagine that just because this guy is losing his job that it's such a big deal that he can't get another one. If she was really as worried about money as you think, she'd probably have left him or sued him or just found someone who has better earning potential (or all three of those things) by now.
He doesn't have money yet, but was going to make millions upon millions in the NFL. He beat the crap out of her, then drug her unconscious body around on the floor with total disregard to her, and kicked her on the floor saying something to the effect of 'wake up ho', while the elevator doors were closing on her legs. If you have heard the guy, its very unlikely he has a diverse skill-set beyond running around tackling people... outside the NFL, that's not very lucrative. Most likely will just end up being a PE coach at a highschool.

First off, while I agree this might not be the best way for him to get his ex back, did everyone miss the fact that when he got her the first iPhone she was skeptical despite him saying she would like it, then she fell in love with it. Women can be very sentimental about things, and him buying her the latest iPhone which is something she loved that 'he' took initiative in getting her the first time, may recall for her the reasons she loved him in the first place. Doing odd small things like that do in fact mean quite a bit to women. So it wasn't just about money, it was about him first introducing her to the iPhone that she fell in love with and now getting her the newer version which she said she really wanted. I don't see the fault in that really. It alone won't fix the issues, but its not a bad thing, nor is it the only thing he is doing. He eluded to making other changes in his story.

He doesn't have money yet, but was going to make millions upon millions in the NFL. He beat the crap out of her, then drug her unconscious body around on the floor with total disregard to her, and kicked her on the floor saying something to the effect of 'wake up ho', while the elevator doors were closing on her legs. If you have heard the guy, its very unlikely he has a diverse skill-set beyond running around tackling people... outside the NFL, that's not very lucrative. Most likely will just end up being a PE coach at a highschool.

This is starting to get off topic, but just to equate the situation to the thread, its not he same.

First, Ray Rice already has a ton of money from playing in the NFL. He got paid for 4 years and then he got a sizeable signing bonus to play 4 more, so your assertion that he hadn't made any money yet is wrong.

Second, she wasn't with him for the money, she has been with him since high school when he had no money.

Third, you act as if people shouldn't get a second chance. Unless you believe he has spent their entire time together beating her, when no evidence shows that.

You don't need an expert to tell you that winning your ex back with an iPhone is just pathetic and asking for more trouble down the line.

I could imagine maybe a year later, or 2 at the most, that if this did actually work, and they ended up having problems again, he would use the iphone against her, as the ultimate rebuttal for every argument, like "but I bought you a iphone 6!!!"

This guy has lost touch with reality, and sadly i dont think he really knows what to do.
He obviously needs some therapy. I feel bad for him, trying to rationalize his promise of an iphone could somehow possibly show his wife/family that he has changed? He just needs to focus that energy is a more constructive way and get some counseling. Hope the best for him.

Back