Sabertooth Z87 + 4770K + 16GB Ballistix Elite (CL9) stable OC settings

IanA87

n00b
Hey. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on a 'guaranteed' stable overclock for the 4770K and the requisite motherboard settings. I am not interested in pushing the chip to its limits. I have an H80i, so thermals should not be the limiting factor.

Oh, one more question: Should I use the default thermal paste that comes with the H80i or would arctic silver premium make a noticeable difference?

Thanks so much for any assistance.

Hey. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on a 'guaranteed' stable overclock for the 4770K and the requisite motherboard settings. I am not interested in pushing the chip to its limits. I have an H80i, so thermals should not be the limiting factor.
Oh, one more question: Should I use the default thermal paste that comes with the H80i or would arctic silver premium make a noticeable difference?

Thanks so much for any assistance.

you'll be surprised how wrong you are.

Try 4.2 or 4.3 @ 1.2V

These things heat up crazy fast once you go past 1.2V--even with an AIO cooler (I have an h100i myself)

Hey. I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on a 'guaranteed' stable overclock for the 4770K and the requisite motherboard settings.

Impossible. You have to figure it out yourself for your hardware. CPUs vary a lot in how much they'll OC.

I have an H80i, so thermals should not be the limiting factor.

They will be. Clearly you haven't done much research on Haswell, so you should probably do some of that first.

Back