• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

S27A850T vs S27B970

Rufus55

n00b
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
6
Hey guys

just wanted a few opinions on these two moniters on which to go for, currently have a U2311H but the aggressive AG coating has been driving me nuts ever since I got it. So I wanted to stay clear of the IPS moniters due to the coating, and I dont really want to roll the dice on the Korean moniters.

Currently where I am in Australia the only other options are the PLS panels S27A850T for $680 and the S27B970D for $880 I dont mind paying extra if its for a better screen, I dont do photo work so it will just be used for general web browseing, email light gaming mainly RPGs and MMOs with some very light FPS on occassion.

I have heard the S27A850 had bleeding issues on some which concern me and from what I have heard the S27B970 has some issues with black levels.

Thanks in advance.
 
The 850D & T are actually different (D has 2x dl-dvi while the T has 1x dl-dvi and 1x hdmi ports) and I haven't read any reports of bleeding on the T version.

The 850 series uses a semi-glossy coating (matte) while the 970D is glass (glossy) and is reflective, but it does have better colours

The 970D promises 90% screen uniformity so you are pretty much guaranteed to get a bleed free unit.
 
It is the T version they dont sell the D here anymore.

I dont mind reflections as my room is quite dark as it doesnt recive a great deal of natural light so thats no real problem, if it has better colours and im guessing being a glossy screen the colors will pop more it makes me lean that way,

As long as its colour coverage is fairly accurrate it doesnt have to be perfect since I wont be doing colour editing I most likely wouldnt notice the difference.
 
Back
Top