• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

S1823 HS Fan Mounting

Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
907
So, during wear and tear...I have ripped a little bit off of the rubber pins that hold this fan in place. Would anyone know of an alternative mounting method for a fan? Or, maybe where I can find some rubber things that'll work?
 
I would say your best course of action is probably to contact Xigmatek and see if they will send you some extra rubber things. Either that, or use some zip ties.
 
Don't they include extra rubber fan pins in the package? I'm pretty sure Xigmatek threw in one or two extras in my box...
 
no they are hard plastic and wont melt, well till prob 200 deg F+?

Just attach through the fins

Anyway just take a zip tie and run it through the fan hole, so the big locking end is on the outside of the fan and the thin end goes straight through the fan hole then fins. Then get another zip tie and use the big end to lock that zip tie in place, so on 1 side its just the big end holding and on each the other side its the new ziptie big end to the old small end holding it. Then trim the excess off. That way you dont have it looking silly with the zip tie looped around the HS to connect back to itself. Just looks cleaner
 
I got an idea.....do it at ur own discretion.

Go to frys or microcenter and pick one up.....you know what to do.:D
 
no they are hard plastic and wont melt, well till prob 200 deg F+?

Just attach through the fins

Anyway just take a zip tie and run it through the fan hole, so the big locking end is on the outside of the fan and the thin end goes straight through the fan hole then fins. Then get another zip tie and use the big end to lock that zip tie in place, so on 1 side its just the big end holding and on each the other side its the new ziptie big end to the old small end holding it. Then trim the excess off. That way you dont have it looking silly with the zip tie looped around the HS to connect back to itself. Just looks cleaner

This. That's exactly how I sandwiched my S1283 with 2 Yates. It looks clean and holds them in place quite well.

FWIW my S1283 came with 2 extra rubber fan mounts. I found that a pair of long needle nose pliers can be your friend when dealing with those things.
 
Well, crap. I spent like 6 bucks on shipping...lol.

Do you think I can still stickem in there? Or, will they just fall out? =P
 
Epoxy them to the fins? Sure, if you don't care about never getting that fan off.
 
Back
Top