• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

s-video to mini-jack video cable?

Xylo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
421
So, I have an, urm, "interesting" display cabling issue...

Has anyone ever heard of an s-video to mini-jack video cable? If so, can you tell me of any brands or URLs? I'd be most appreciative. :)

I've found plenty of composite video to mini-jack and s-video to composite video, but no s-video to mini-jack video?...
 
Isn't S-Video for video and min-jack for audio?

How does that work?

Or are you talking about 3 cables that have S-Video, R audio, and L audio to a mini-jack and a composite video cable?

If you don't care about the audio portion, then are you talking about S-video to composite? There are plenty of those cables and adaptors.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/svideo-rca.html
 
ds- said:
Isn't S-Video for video and min-jack for audio?

Sony makes some 4-band mini-jack cables for camcorders and other video related devices that carry both video + a left audio and a right audio...


ds- said:
If you don't care about the audio portion, then are you talking about S-video to composite? There are plenty of those cables and adaptors.

No...like I said:

Xylo said:
I've found plenty of composite video to mini-jack and s-video to composite video, but no s-video to mini-jack video?...
 
If there's an s-vid to mini-plug converter it must be rare as I haven't seen one.

What I would do is get the s-video to rca then use the rca to min-plug converters.
 
francis_a said:
If there's an s-vid to mini-plug converter it must be rare as I haven't seen one.

Indeed...

francis_a said:
What I would do is get the s-video to rca then use the rca to min-plug converters.

Well, I can go from a straight RCA out to mini-plug...that cable I know I can find, and I also have an option RCA out...I was just hoping to use s-video if possible...
 
Back
Top