S-Video doesn't look right

MichaelJB

Limp Gawd
Im outputing to a pal tv over S-Video but the image is jumpy (reminds me of bad refresh rate) and it also has a red and a blue shadow.

To solve this i usually output through composite instead (heres another thread of mine discussing recent rouble i have had with that http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1141276) ps the title and initial post are wrong, they say component when i mean composite, thx to empty for spotting this.

but in this thread i want to concentrate on solutions for getting s-video to display properly. I'v tried changing resolution but that didnt work, and my knowledge runs out about here, so any other suggestions on things i can change to get a better picture quality?

BUMP.

Still looking for solutions to this, would be nice if i could play my movies over my 24" tv instead of my 14" monitor :)

What kind of card is this on. I know several older nVidia and ATI model cards had a dongle that converted the pinout on the card that looked like s-video to svideo. without those adpaters, they did the exact things that you're describing.

Need more details. Primarily what card and which driver version.

I know that the last several versions of the ATI wdm drivers have had jumpy input when capturing video on a VIVO card. Could be a similar problem where you just need to go back and find drivers that work.

i have the same problem on two machines, one is a laptop with a geforce go 7400 and forceware version 86.02 and one is an geforce mx440 with latest drivers. iv also tried the original drivers that came with the mx440 but to no avail.

The signal output is definatly pal, iv been through them all and none look right, half of them dont even output an image.

Tbh i think the problem has something to do with my tv being old. So any other suggestions (other than buy a new tv, us students are quite poor :p )

Back