S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

fat_al

Limp Gawd
What's going on with this game?

First it had a May release date, then it was pushed back to June (?) and I've even heard rumors that it won't hit shelves until late 2006!

Me and buddies have been waiting so long for this game... :(

Anyone got any info on this, please share...

Thanks.

Link:
http://www.stalker-game.com

Its being postponed yet again. I dunno how long, but I recall (correctly or incorrectly) that it was related to some next-gen console release, or some crap like that. You and I are in the same boat, I've wanted that game since I saw some of the initial trailers. Even built my PC late last year for the "spring 05" release.... :D

Bullitt said:
Its being postponed yet again. I dunno how long, but I recall (correctly or incorrectly) that it was related to some next-gen console release, or some crap like that. You and I are in the same boat, I've wanted that game since I saw some of the initial trailers. Even built my PC late last year for the "spring 05" release.... :D
Well, that sucks. :(

Thx for the info though...

I'm going to take the modern cynical position and say "HL2 happened". Now they're right there where the Duke Nukem Forever team spent years, trying to run faster up the hill than their larger competitors, every week seeing their technology aging and money going down the drain....

But hey, that's just wild assed guess on my part.

I hope they get the damn thing out. It looked like another "Serious Sam" sorta game. Dev team out of nowhere comes up with a fantastic looking game. It will be one of those I will pre-order and get on release day.

check Blues News for their archives about Late May, Early June for some STALKER updates. Thats where I was remembering from.

...what about it reminded you of Serious Sam? The presence of guns, and enemies to shoot with aforementioned guns?

development team out of friggin nowhere coming up with a visually stunning game. Thats pretty much where it ends. I'm all about supporting the little guys, esp when they produce a (hopefully) great product.

Ahh, forgot about that bit. They're both from Eastern Europe too...hmm. :p

If it takes a couple of delays to make the game equivalent or superior to HL2 in terms of gameplay and gaming experience - Im all for it. I dont want it to be rushed like BF2 and have to deal with hundreds of problems that hinder my ability to enjoy the game I shelled $50 out for.

I thougth it would be out already and have been playing WOW as a stopgap in the meantime. Guess I might have to try BF2....

I dont think anybody needs to worry about this title becoming vapor ware we just need to remember that modern games take a hell of a lot longer to make than even just a few years ago. The longer they delay the more they can tighten and improve (to a point). considering a new beta was leaked a few weeks ago and was much better than the 1st leaked beta it looks like the devs are on the right track and should be realesing a great game before this christmas. We also have F.E.A.R. to look forward to wich should be released a month or two before stalker

Badger_sly said:
Did Gabe start working on it?

Yeah, he went over to help but he mistook the master copy for a shiny pizza and ate it. Which wasnt that big a deal untill it made him sick causing him to puke all over there power cables shorting out all there systems intern making them start all over again. Thankfully Gabe was able to save some of the data when he took there systems to his "special" PC Tech that he used when the same thing happened at Valve. Yet to this day no one knows how these games are getting leaked.

renegadex said:
Supposedly Stalker is coming Feb 1st 2006:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/237464.asp

but there have been like no news or screenshots in quite a long time. :(

Last year this time, it was October 04, then May 05.... :D I wouldnt put too much into the EB release schedule. I understand they only get what they are told, but I dont look for it in 05. Hopefully 06 will be better.

It better not be a damn Halo fiasco where they decide they want it for Xbox and not the PC. Thats my biggest fear with a game this close to a major console release.

Back