S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Delayed

AgentxofxChaos

Agent of [H] Chaos
Just in case you missed it there on the side of the [H] main page. Here is the shacknews post, and here is the link to the gamespot news article found in that post. Kind of a bummer since this was another game that looked pretty awesome and looked like it might get released on time(this year), but was somewhat obscured by the shadows of Doom 3, and Half-Life. So that is somewhat of a disappointment, maybe since they will have more time they can implement some of those things that they were going to skip due to time limitations.

Agh!

this fucking sucks!
Stalker was a game i'd say i was looking forward the most, probally more so then HL2 and Doom III.

Can't say I'm surprised. A game like that like is new gen graphics, and creative ideas is going to be delayed and delayed, Only to have some ideas taken down and the overall project watered down.

Stiler said:
Agh!

this fucking sucks!
Stalker was a game i'd say i was looking forward the most, probally more so then HL2 and Doom III.

quoted for truth. doom 3 and half life 2 are probably going to have a about month dedicated to them each until i am tired and they go on the shelf for about 6 months until im bored one day. stalker on the other hand is very nonlinear, and will probably stay on my hard drive a hell of a lot longer than a month. very creative game, i would hate for it to be delayed only to be watered down :(

oh well, there is an endless supply of ut mods to tinker with in the meantime.

This might be a good thing if they spend the extra time working on it and ironing out bugs.

kick@ss said:
This might be a good thing if they spend the extra time working on it and ironing out bugs.

eh? the game is delayed not for those reasons. it's delayed the release date because THQ doesn't want to release it anywhere near HL2/DOOM III.

If HL2 comes out in sept. like the rumors say, then that's still 4 months away, entirely way too long imo. I could understand maybe a month, but 4 months is just absurd.

Yeah I can understand delaying the game for not being finished, but it is even more of a disappointment due to the publisher doing so for financial reasons, it makes sense but it is just a disappointment knowing that the scheduled release was very probable. This game was right up there on my list of "must own" games right on par with Doom 3, so it just came as a disappointment, since i was eagerly awaiting it as well. I thought i remember reading things like co-op were left out due to time restrictions, so hopefully since it was delayed they have more time for development and can implement such features that would have otherwise been neglected based on time limitations. I don't know if that will be the case or not, but it would definitely help ease the disappointment in my opinion.

I also had STALKER at the top of my list tied with HL2, oh well. I'll be playing HL2 and its mods while I wait for STALKER. :rolleyes:

so when is it delayed until?

looks like an amazing game...screen shots were beautiful :eek:

edit: oh just saw..late 2004..argh

Bummer - I was expecting this game to beat D3 and HL2 to market - looks like it will ship after BOTH of them.

Not all that bad, I get to save a few bucks but I do hope they realese it early 2005. ;)

Game releases are a lot like movie releases. There are marketing windows that they want to hit for maximum revenue.

You don't want to release three movies over the July 4 weekend that are going to directly complete - imagine if Spiderman 3, Star Wars III, and "Lord of the Rings: Frodo Goes Bananas" were all released on the same weekend. Chances are the hardcore movie goers would say "Cool - big weekend". Everyone else would say, I'll see one this weekend.

Same thing for games. Doom, HL2 are both highyl anticipated games coming out close to each other. THQ are right on delaying the release of STALKER, let the hype of Doom3 and HL2 die down, and THEN hit everyone with a new release.

Personally, I look forward to STALKER on the Xbox - PC gaming is fun, but there is something about 60" wide screen with Digtal Surround that make the gaming experience so much more enjoyable :)

Doesn't really bother me. Though the screenies are nice I just have a bad feeling about the game for some reason.

Actually, I think they are avoiding Halo 2. The Gamespot article mentions something like that. I hope they use the extra time to really iron things out and/or add some new touches.

August - Doom 3
September - Half Life 2 / Fable
October - DOA Ultimate ( :p )
November - Halo 2
December - KotOR II (maybe ?)
January -> March - Stalker

Stiler said:
eh? the game is delayed not for those reasons. it's delayed the release date because THQ doesn't want to release it anywhere near HL2/DOOM III.

If HL2 comes out in sept. like the rumors say, then that's still 4 months away, entirely way too long imo. I could understand maybe a month, but 4 months is just absurd.
I know why it's delayed. Almost every game that is released today is fairly buggy in version 1.0. How do you know that the original release date was not cutting it close and releasing it at that date would cause numerous bugs to be in the first release?

Kind of a shame that they decided to let Doom 3 and HL2 overshadow the game, but thats how it goes. Theyd rather compete with Battlefield 2 alone, than both Doom3 and HL2 in the same holiday season.

kick@ss said:
I know why it's delayed. Almost every game that is released today is fairly buggy in version 1.0. How do you know that the original release date was not cutting it close and releasing it at that date would cause numerous bugs to be in the first release?

Eh? i LOVE when people use this argument. Tell me, when' sthe last time you heard of a pc game being bug free? it's not goin to happen.

Did you read the article? it clearly says that THQ is delaying it because they don't want it to compete with HL2 or anything.

MH Knights said:
Actually, I think they are avoiding Halo 2. The Gamespot article mentions something like that. I hope they use the extra time to really iron things out and/or add some new touches.

August - Doom 3
September - Half Life 2 / Fable
October - DOA Ultimate ( :p )
November - Halo 2
December - KotOR II (maybe ?)
January -> March - Stalker

I wouldn't see a Console game as being competition for a PC game? would make no sense...

Back