S/PDIF Output?

bound4h

n00b
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
9
I have an S/PDIF Output on my compter, and am wondering if this means I can hook my computer up to my Stereo Receiver and play music through my floor speakers using a program like Winamp or inserting a CD into the CD ROM drive.

My specs are:
FX-53 940-pin
ASUS SK8V
2x512 OCZ PC3200 RAM
WD1200BB @7200 HDD
Enermax EG495P-VE SFMA
52x CD-RW

Any help you can provide will be very appreciated.
 
As opposed to analog? Does this include digital sound? What would I hook the cable up to on my reciever? What does the cord look like?
 
bound4h said:
As opposed to analog? Does this include digital sound? What would I hook the cable up to on my reciever? What does the cord look like?

So you know, you'll get all sounds like you normally would over an analog connection, so no worries there. Not sure if you are confused on this issue, but it's worth reiterating: GMC mentioned you'll only get stereo sound over a digital connection, so that means if you want to play games in 5.1, you'll have to get 6 analog cables to hook everything up. However, movies will still work in 5.1 over a digital connection, as they are pre-encoded to be compatible.
 
How come the FAQ isn't stickied? It helps for when some peeps cant find the search button. :)
 
I searched...for your wonderful inquiring minds.

Thank you for all of your help though, willing or not :D
 
Back
Top