• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

S-IPS 19" Panel Quest

PornFlake

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
270
I have a 19" Samsung 913T which is an awesome panel for gaming and most other work I am doing. However, I am getting more into digital photography and feel I am missing out since it is a 6-bit panel.

What are my options moving to a S-IPS panel with regard to gaming and no ghosting? The Samsung has been awesome on my eyes, as I don't notice any ghosting. I had a Princetion 17" panel that I liked but at 16ms the ghosting was noticeable to me.

Will an S-IPS panel compete with my 913T with regard to ghosting? The 913T is rated at 8ms and the LG 1930B is rated at 25ms. I realize comparing the two specs may be apples to oranges.

Thanks for any input.

-Flake
 
PornFlake said:
I have a 19" Samsung 913T which is an awesome panel for gaming and most other work I am doing. However, I am getting more into digital photography and feel I am missing out since it is a 6-bit panel.
-Flake
Not certain, but think my 23" HP-L2335 16ms Digital LCD is S-IPS panel.
Pics are very clear, sharp, and colors vibrant even tho Brightness is cranked down to 33.
Rotate, Pivot, Tilt, Height-adjustable, has narrow bezel.
Pic retains sharpness even at extreme angles of view (remarkable, for an LCD).
Blacks are acceptable.
Supposedly, it was rated by Reviewers as "awesome gaming panel".
I never noticed any ghosting in fast-moving RPG fights, but that's just my opinion.
I luv this panel.
Paid ~$1600, ~18mos ago, saw it last week, PriceGrabber, ~$930.
 
Back
Top