S.D.G.E Technology

Shmuckety said:
This is one of the coolest articles I have seen in a while:

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2521

Who is ECS? I have only heard of them once.

They're a budget motherboard maker who make tons of wierd products I haven't seen a single person buy or use, mostly just motherboards that can support basically any hardware configuration (AMD and Intel, every known socket) with add-in cards

Am I reading this wrong or does the SDGE technology let you run any 2 card together? :confused:

I have only heard that ECS's mobo where low-end, and most of the time crap.

Terra - But things could have changed..but I want proof first :)

The ECS K7S5A was one of the most stable AXP board that I have EVER owned. Also offered both SDR and DDR slots and is still working reliably in my mom's PC... So stop the trashing of ECS.

I am not trashing ECS. I have an ECS board in my cheap-o Outpost $150 computer and it folds like a champ. ;)

Terra said:
I have only heard that ECS's mobo where low-end, and most of the time crap.

Terra - But things could have changed..but I want proof first :)

I doubt their products are crap, what with them being the third largest motherboard
manufacturer in the world...

It isn't crap but it's not very well respected. Their product line up used to be quite weak. Just basic budget stuff that usually has subpar performance, despite the fact that it DOES work. Right now, they're trying to change all this.

-J.

Shmuckety said:
Am I reading this wrong or does the SDGE technology let you run any 2 card together? :confused:

No, it's just a switch card (similar to that used on SLI chipset motherboards) that along with their moded drivers will allow you to use the board for either SLI or CrossFire use. It's not for mixing nVIDIA and ATI for multi-GPU rendering.

Personally, it's a gimmick. Why, because other than the drivers, existing SLI boards can do the same thing. But we'll see this once CrossFire is available to the public (beyond the PBS channel that is :p ).

Back