Ryzen Shipping Thread

AMD was looking towards April or May for most memory fixes, but some of the beta bios has been helping with memory speed.

did AMD recommend installing DDR dual channel memory in channel B, I can't remeber but I think that said channel B for best results right now, correct me if im wrong pls

15 days since Ryzen launched.
15 days of zero info from Amazon.
Guess I should just rebuild my desktop since it doesn't sound like my MSI Titanium will arrive anytime soon...

Wondering if I shouldn't just cancel my order, given that apparently MSI is working on an improved Titanium with BClk, but on the other hand who the hell knows when that will come out or be in stock. :shifty:

Worries me more that NewEgg went from "Ships in 7 to 14 days" to being "Out of Stock" and recommending other boards (which hilariously maybe 3 are AM4... some being Refub LAPTOP motherboards :bored:).

Externally I'm :oldman:
Internally I'm :rage::cry::banghead::facepalm::depressed::drowning:

Amazon sucks. The bottom line is they should not have accepted any pre-orders if they did not have the items stocked. Period. There is absolutely no excuse. The whole point of pre-ordering is to reserve an item for purchase when there is limited stock. I'm done with them, they're dead to me. Amazon is going to eat a lot of loss on this from me, I did the following with a supervisor on an approximately 2 hour long phone call:
  • Canceled Amazon Prime, set to renew in April.
  • Setup a return for about 25 individual orders that I recently purchased. I'll re-buy the stuff from a competitor.
I can't imagine what it is going to cost them to ship back a lawn mower, dethatcher, ATV lift, garden cart, etc.

Follow up to this.

I went to finalize shipping every eligible order back and complained to their BBB page. After complaining this is what I worked out with them. Apparently it was cheaper for them to credit me than pay an ass ton of money to accept a bunch of heavy stuff shipped back to them.

Hello XXXXXX,

I've issued a $200.00 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website and won't cover the purchase of gift cards, sales tax, gift wrap, or additional shipping costs.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account, but will always display at checkout when you place an order through the Shopping Cart for an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.​

Damn it. What's a good alternative premium mobo to preorder? I don't want to wait two months.
You don't need an adapter for the Crosshair. If you kept your AM3 mounting parts it will work.

I am using my AM3 mounting parts for my H110.

I'm still waiting on my Crosshair. Has anyone figured out when they're gonna be back on Amazon?

I'm still waiting on my Crosshair. Has anyone figured out when they're gonna be back on Amazon?
If Fry's is anything to go by, which, fricken props to them for ACTUALLY LISTING THIS INFO... :shifty:
Then we're looking at a loooong time :arghh::cry:

CVI-Backorder.png
Titanium-Backorder.png

And, I can tell you that YESTERDAY the Titanium said March 31st, so it's only getting worse! :confused:

Reason I feel Fry's may be somewhat accurate, despite probably a lower priority than Amazon and NewEgg, is because they're ON the West Coast, so when shipment hits our shores, they practically are already at Fry's lol

Frys may be a little further down the totem pole than giants like Amazon and Newegg. Priority in volume.

I hope so...

Anyone here live by one of these MicroCenter locations, that wants to do a fellow [H]er a [H]UGE favor? :)
Duluth, GA
Overland Park, KS
Madison Heights, MI
Brentwood, MO
Paterson, NJ
Gowanus Expy (Brooklyn), NY
Flushing (Queens), NY
Westbury (Long Island), NY
Columbus, OH
Mayfield Heights, OH​

Favor, received!

Last edited:
I go to the OP Park KS Microcenter alot. I live in Parkville MO. About 25 min drive. I would not go there until friday.I work mon-thursday ..You would have to pay all shipping and if you changed your mind im in process of building my new rig. Still not sure on the Ryzen yet.

edit ...monday through thursday

I go to the OP Park KS Microcenter alot. I live in Parkville MO. About 25 min drive. I would not go there until friday.I work mon-thursday ..You would have to pay all shipping and if you changed your mind im in process of building my new rig. Still not sure on the Ryzen yet.

edit ...monday through thursday
Alrighty. I'll let you know :) Thanks!

Anyone else who'd be capable of going sooner?
Naturally I intend to pay shipping and would even buy lunch!

Snagged 2 Crosshair VI boards (Just in case the first one dies) and a 1800x. My first AMD setup in 11 years.. Luckily the build process went smooth and I updated the bios to 0902. Right now just running at stock to get everything running smooth.

If everything in the next week goes without a hitch then if someone is in a need of a Crosshair VI board let me know.

Snagged 2 Crosshair VI boards (Just in case the first one dies) and a 1800x. My first AMD setup in 11 years.. Luckily the build process went smooth and I updated the bios to 0902. Right now just running at stock to get everything running smooth.

If everything in the next week goes without a hitch then if someone is in a need of a Crosshair VI board let me know.
As soon as you get it - flash it to bios 902 or 1001 or later. You can do it even without ram or a cpu in it with a flash drive - amazing option to say the least. Prior bioses can literally corrupt the VRM firmware requiring a RMA to fix. You do that in getting the right bios installed you will have one hell of a motherboard. It will most likely come with a prior bios but it maybe about time these boards got upgraded, anyways if it comes with a prior bios, you can boot up into the bios and use EZFlash to install the latest good bios as long as you don't change the old bios settings and reboot which is when it can corrupts the VRM controller firmware. I would recommend using the flash option, it is very simple and in the manual how to do.

As soon as you get it - flash it to bios 902 or 1001 or later. You can do it even without ram or a cpu in it with a flash drive - amazing option to say the least. Prior bioses can literally corrupt the VRM firmware requiring a RMA to fix. You do that in getting the right bios installed you will have one hell of a motherboard. It will most likely come with a prior bios but it maybe about time these boards got upgraded, anyways if it comes with a prior bios, you can boot up into the bios and use EZFlash to install the latest good bios.

Yup that is what I did. It had bios 0702 and I upgraded it to bios 0902. Is there anything I can do as well now?

Got a link to the betas? Was going to update the thread about BIOS updates for easy reference. I only saw stock at Asus.

Got a link to the betas? Was going to update the thread about BIOS updates for easy reference. I only saw stock at Asus.
Yes:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread
First post by elmor is routinely updated from ASUS rep working with the bios team. Thread is fantastic as well as very long, much gold inside. Interesting read as time went on and the discovery and confirmation that hundreds of boards where getting brick. Very civil discussions and progress.

Yup that is what I did. It had bios 0702 and I upgraded it to bios 0902. Is there anything I can do as well now?
902 is OK, 1001 I think is better but still a long ways to go. Also bios 0038 is available which basically is 1001 but with memory at CR2 vice CR1 for more compatibility with ram. I wished they just incorporated that right into the bios for the command rate.

I or
Which one should I run then? I think my ram at this time can only run at 2133. I have 2 sets of these: http://www.microcenter.com/product/455309/16GB_2_x_8GB_DDR4-3000MHz
I originally had Corsair DDR 3000 ram and it only worked at 2666mhz in 902. Sent those back and installed G-Skill 3200 14-14-14-34 and they work at 3200. If you read the thread I linked to some have gotten the Corsairs to 3200 (even the 3000) using even timings like 18-18-18-38 using the 1001 bios with CR1. Anything over 2666mhz appears to need even timings to work. Best answer is you may just have to try out both.

I returned my Trident 3000 and purchase Corsair Dominator 3200. This was almost done almost entirely because it's on the QVL list and I don't want to deal with compatibility issues any more than absolutely necessary :D

It blows my mind that so many are still waiting. I'm glad I swapped my orders when I did. LIVE STRONG MY AMD [H] Brothers and sisters!

So Topweasel is off to MicroCenter right now to pick up a Titanium for me!! Which I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, but I feel he deserves some recognition, because unfortunately MicroCenter doesn't let you purchase the item online and have someone else pick it up (like I thought). All it does is reserve it, and then you bring that Credit Card with and pay in-store :( However, even though I was willing to send over enough to cover that and potential shipping, he was willing to pay for it and ship it first so that the exact amount is sent!

Which to me is very [H], because despite me feeling pretty confident in reaching out to ask if someone would lend me assistance on this matter --first I'd also like to say a big Thank You also is extended to 1/2 bent for also offering and AthlonXP since he offered to sell that second Hero to me-- but I was still a little nervous about it in regards to buying it and trusting they'd still ship it. :)

Thanks all!

In an effort to 'pay it forward' a bit... Since the MSI X370 Titanium is pretty scarce to find right now, here's where I had been able to find them IN STOCK and at $300 or less:
Auction on eBay, currently is $222+$10 shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-X370-Xpower-Gaming-Titanium-Motherboard-AMD-AM4-Ryzen-/322456699954

MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium at Microcenter $300; [#] on hand @ Store Location (as of 3/20/2017 at 7:25pm EST) In-Store Pickup Only:
[ 4 ] @ Duluth, GA
[ 6 ] @ Overland Park, KS
[ 4 ] @ Madison Heights, MI
[ 3 ] @ Brentwood, MO
[ 1 ] @ Gowanus Expy (Brooklyn), NY
[ 8 ] @ Flushing (Queens), NY
[ 6 ] @ Columbus, OH
[ 1 ] @ Mayfield Heights, OH
(Madison Heights has 5, but that's where Topweasel is headed, so hopefully only 4 soon lol Says only 1 was actually on the shelf at his location.)

Unfortunately the Hero is OoS at NewEgg again, so I'll update this with Hero stock numbers at locations for MicroCenter in an edit. Stand by...

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero stock at MicroCenter (as of 3/20/2017 at 7:42pm) In-Store Pickup Only:
[ 2 ] @ Cambridge, MA
[ 1 ] @ Gowanus Expy (Brooklyn), NY
[ 5 ] @ Flushing (Queens), NY
[ 2 ] @ Mayfield Heights, OH
[ 3 ] @ Sharonville, OH
And that's it for them... :\
EDIT: Added links for the boards at MicroCenter

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back