Ryzen OCing on asrock Taichi x370 WTF am i doing WRONG THREAD!!

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Either my issue is the new windows 1709 update problem or im overlooking something that is driving me crazy! HEre is my issue:
let me start by saying im having the same exact issue using 2 completely different motherboards so its either "ME" screwing something up, or its the new Wiin10 1709 update causing this. CPU is a 1700 8c 16t

No matter what oc i apply in the bios, inside windows the cpu runs @ 1.37ghz 100% of the time. In bios, i have a 4ghz OC applied with proper voltage, bootup and post screen shows 4ghz, etc... as soon as i enter win10, its 1.37ghz. YES THIS IS A FRESH INSTALL, LATEST AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS, etc.. even did this reg hack to stop the throttling ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\AmdPPM then set the 'Start' value to '4' )

I thought this was a B350 chipset issue, so today i went down to microcenter and bought this asrock taichi x370 board and did a fresh install of win10, etc.... SAME ISSUE AGAIN!! WTF!! what am i doing wrong? I have power plan set to high performance, and ive done window tweaks, and comb'ed thru out the bios...... i must be doing something wrong, as a million of ya;ll have oc'd 1700's

it's a bios bug so it's not you causing it. you need to make sure you're using offset voltage and not fixed voltage.. fyi chew says there's supposedly a bios coming out soon for the taichi and fat pro boards with the multiplier bug fix.

chew's video on getting around the multibug(i haven't watched it myself)

post on overclocking.net (dedicated thread to the taichi) quick and dirty fix for it but if you go further back you might find a better post, i have to leave for work so i don't have enough time to sift through it right now.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1627407/asrock-x370-taichi-overclocking-thread/2290#post_26411090

ok, got it mostly figured out. if I set the top voltage to (lets say) 1.400, and keep the bottom voltage setting to "AUTO" the bug goes away, and ill have the speed of which my multi is set to. VERY STRANGE BUG!! took several reboots and about 1 hours worth of fiddling with to figure this one out. Thanks for your input good sir!

Back